1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul George traded to Thunder

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 30, 2017.

1. billchez

billchez Member

The only credible move for Rockets is to get Paul Millsap NOW!

2. BackdoorHarden

People are saying all these Crazy moves are because of the Warriors. I say it's because of the THUNDERS>

The Thunders were the Warriors and the Warriors would never be the Warriors if not for OKC being cheap.

Harden wanted $50 millions for 4 years. OKC offered $48 for 4 years because they didn't want to pay Luxury Tax.

They could pay ANY $$ They want because Harden was their restricted Free Agent, but a difference of $500k a year and luxury tax helped change the entire league

Or they could have Amensty kendrick Perkins and gave Harden that $500k extra a year.

$500k extra a year was the difference between OKC being the Dynasty...now it's GSW, thanks to OKC owner being cheap

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. what

what Member

The grizzlies are in rebuilding mold. They also will lose their 2019 draft pick.

So I am actually cool with the grizzlies letting everybody walk and just having a core of: parsons, gasol and conley and young guys. If we miss the playoffs, it would be great for our 2018 draft.

Also if the grizz could facilitate trades and get draft stock that would be nice. The only thing I don't like about what the grizz are doing is those vulture teams: rockets, warriors, cavs trying to bring zbo in on a vet minimum. That would be bullshit.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

HPD should reply back with "OKCPD still investigating 2012 robbery case "

ghettocheeze likes this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Poor Marc Gasol, then. Wasting his prime / best statistical years on a rebuilding team.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  10. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Westbrook and George still have a full regular season to play together. So much can happen over 82 games. It would be foolish to dismiss this as just a rental. The Thunder are definitely in the top 4 of the Western Conference now with the Warriors, Rockets, and Spurs.

No amount of dismissal or downplaying the significance will change that fact.

It hurts as Rockets fans to not get George and build our trifecta, but that's just how things are. Live with it.

saleem and steddinotayto like this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Paul George has a whole year to recruit Westbrook to LA

Rocket River

macho GRANDE likes this.
  12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I stopped reading when you mentioned "core of: parsons"

HAHAHHAHAHAHA

burnshroom and saleem like this.
  14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Here's the thing: Unless OKC goes on a rampage and contends with GSW in the WCF George won't stay in OKC. I'm not related to him, I'm not his agent, I'm not his friend, etc. It's just already written.

You might say well the same thing applies if he would have ended up in Houston and yea that could be true but a team of George/Harden/Paul has a better shot at GSW than a duo of Russ/George.

Plus the other thing that Houston has that proves to be more sustainable is our offense. It's an actual offensive system. What does OKC run other than giving Russ the ball and let him do whatever he wants?

OKC will be a playoff team for sure that's not something I can deny but to think of this as anything other than a one year rental with all that's been written about George and his love affair with LA (combine that with the various factors of playing for/in OKC) is a bit unrealistic

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I didn't want George on the Rockets, because there is only ball to play with. Russ will have to feed him now. If Russ/George play well then OKC can become a formidable team.

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The east just has poor management, we've seen that on display for almost 20 years now.

The Celtics continue to sit on draft picks, instead of actually getting great players. The Pacers ignore high picks, and instead give away a star player, for an overpaid, lesser version of him and no picks.

East gonna continue to east, but I'm sure it's just "cyclical".

Little Bit and francis 4 prez like this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Man . .. one trade and everyone is hating on Morey again .. . .
    Deminishing our trade . . . . you 'fans' suck

Rocket River

Brown Lost It and Vivi like this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. theh

theh Member

Is this fax?