1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul George or Chris Paul?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sydeffect, Dec 10, 2013.

?

Who is the better player right now?

1. Paul George

45.8%
  2. Chris Paul

54.2%
  1. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Who is the better player?

I gotta go with Paul George. Paul George took the leap this into the true super-stardom this season. His Ball handling, shooting off the dribble, passing, rebounding have all improved this season. He's also one of the best defenders in the league.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The one that doesn't flop.

3. Mr Chuck Norris

Are we going to do this again

4. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

I literally LOL'ed.

Unfortunately much as I dislike CP3, I have to admit he's the better player NOW. However, PG is going to be in the top 3 sooner or later.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Jeremy Lin

6. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

im soooooo glad the jazz needed a small forward and took gordon hayward one pick before paul george, as a rockets fan for nearly 30 years I don't think I could handle a guy this awesome being on the Utah Jazz and turning that arena back into the toughest home court in the league with that annoying fan base

so thank you Utah Jazz for your love of drafting the best white guy at the position you need

7. hlcc

hlcc Member

For the long term? Probably Paul George. He's a full 5 years younger than Chris Paul and almost a year younger than Harden

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm almost ready to say Paul George but 22 games just aren't enough. If he keeps up the same efficiency after 60 games, we have a horse race.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'd take George, especially since I don't feel you need an elite PG to win a title. Elite wing players are more commonly found on title teams. They're almost a requirement. But right now Chris Paul is the superior player.

10. VBG

VBG Member

For the future - Paul George.

For a game right now - Chris Paul. CP3's control of a game on offense is remarkable. I despise him. I love rooting against him. His flops are so frustrating. But he's still that damn good on offense and while running a team.

11. k-money

k-money Member

Chris Paul hasn't took a team past the second round and he's 5 years older than George. The pacers were one game away from the finals. I know it's the east, but still it's saying something for cp3. Ill take paul George

12. hamsession

hamsession Member

Don't be a Harden hater.

13. clippy

clippy Member

Why do people insist on using team accomplishments when rating an individual?

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

because Kobe only have one mvp, 2 finals mvps and 0 dpoys? While I say it somewhat foot in mouth, dispensing the entirety of individual achievements and the whole 5 rings vs 6 rings has become the media narrative to drum up support for Kobe.

15. VBG

VBG Member

Team accomplishments are extremely important but context matters as well. CP3 has such limited talent around him.

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

and heightened talent either side of him, if the Clippers, Rockets, Grizzlies etc had the mechanics of "get umpteen chances to beat Miami to make the finals", we'd all get there eventually as well, instead we have to run a 6 week gauntlet.

17. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

PG has much better talent around him than CP3 has had in his entire career.

Right now in this instance, I say CP3 is better since PG has not proven he can keep this production up for an entire season.

However, looking at potential and style of play, PG will probably end up the better player pending this year's playoff results + the fact that an elite wing is more important to a title than an elite PG.

18. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Chris Paul handily. PG is on the better team but thats about it.

19. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

There were better players, but they're the two best players with the two first name combo right now.

20. mazinger

mazinger Member

One player has carried ****ty temas into the play-offs and the other got carried by a great team into the play-offs. You tell me who is the best.