1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul George making that superstar jump?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by t_mac1, Nov 5, 2013.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

I know he showed glimpses in the playoffs but the consistency still wasn't there.

But wow, I know it's only 4 games, but the consistency is finally there.

27, 9, 4 on 50% shooting through the first 4 games showing extreme confidence with his shot. He even plays with that superstar swagger.

This is going to make Indy much tougher, and another great matchup v. Lebron in the playoffs.

2. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Top 10 player for sure if he keeps up at least 24 ppg this season

3. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I kinda thought he was already there... at least at the very bottom level of superstar.

4. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

jeremy with that face

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Not yet. He was shooting low 40%s and was very inconsistent scoring-wise last year. It's only 4 games. A lot of its still.

he's jacking up 8 3s per game right now and shooting a very high clip (45%) so that won't last.

He has to continue to attack the rim and get to the FT line to generate points, which is what superstars do.

But Paul George can definitely crack the top 5 if he keeps up 85-90% of this offensive pace b/c his defense is all-world.

6. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

If he keeps it up, he will probably be top 5 in the MVP discussion at the end of the year with great individual stats and team success.

Hes a stud!

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

they havent really played any good defensive teams or any good teams in general but hes defintely knocknocking on the door

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Just a few games against bad teams. Wait till he has a few bad ones, it's coming.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Top 10-12 player for sure. Still need to see more of this kind of production, but if he's not there, he's close.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

his combination of offense and defense puts him up at least in the top 8

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Need more games.

The Pacers haven't played against any real competition yet.

Magic, Pelicans, Cavaliers and Pistons. Pelicans and Cavaliers have some talent, but they are way inexperienced in comparison to most other playoff tested teams.

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Small sample size, but so far, he's playing outstanding. A good young player.

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

he's looked pretty damn good

Hibbert on the other hand has looked really disappointing

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

Hibbert got too big in the offseason... lost too much agility and stamina. Kinda like what happened with Kendrick Perkins after he left Boston.

The guy is like a f***ing rhinoceros now, and he doesn't have Shaq's insane athleticism to compensate for it.

He was also never as good as people thought, people overrated him because he happened to get hot during the playoffs.

I'm still not sold on this Indy team. Paul George has been beasting and feasting on bad teams. If he keeps it up for another month or so, I'll eat crow and admit he's a legit superstar. But I think he's gonna come down to earth and I still don't see Indy topping Miami and making it to the Finals.

Only way they do is if the Paul George we're seeing right now is the real deal, and like I said, I don't buy it.

15. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

He's not done yet. He's getting better and better and quickly. And he plays D too.

16. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Tonight's game should be interesting : Bulls vs Pacers.

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

Hibbert does this every regular season. Not sure why people expect big numbers from him on a regular basis in the regular season when he has yet to do it.

He is blocking a lot of shots though but that is the only thing about his stats that stick out.

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

As for George if you have watched him the last 2 years you would know that he has had superstar potential but as T-mac1 said he has been inconsistent. I know it's against bad teams but it's good to see him finally getting consistent and I think he will continue to be consistent no matter who they play.

19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

You know, it could just be that IND has played against some of the worst defenses in the league so far. Four wins against teams that won what, 105 games total last season? Patience. We will see.

20. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

It's crazy how many threes people are taking nowadays. The smarter players are eschewing the midrange game for 3s and layups/freethrows. Curry's 9 threes the other day didn't even seem too far fetched because of the direction the league is going in (plus steph is just a ridiculous shooter).

I think George's 3pt attempts will stay at or around this level for the season. It's the smart thing to do. I'll be watching him to see if he's really legit or not. Zach Lowe recently said that PG is already better than Melo. That seems crazy to me, but it's getting harder and harder to argue otherwise with each game that passes.