1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pau Gasol potential trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Glenyo, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

Pau Gasol: He probably has the best chance of being traded among the current and former All-Star players. The Lakers are woefully short in the backcourt and with depth and athleticism. He was in that aborted preseason deal to the Rockets, and their interest is said to remain the most significant. The deal that’s been most speculated is Gasol for Luis Scola and Kyle Lowry. The Rockets are said to be high on Goran Dragic and Jonny Flynn to replace Lowry, and the Lakers desperately need a point guard under Mike Brown’s system. This is a deal, denied for now, that benefits both teams and seems likely to be made. Chances of Gasol being dealt: 75 percent.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/houston_rockets

Personally I would do Luis Scola + Flynn + Martin for Gasol

What is your opnion?

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Lowry and Scola for Gasol is way too much in my opinion. Then again, it would be a big steal for us if we got Gasol for just Scola, Dragic and Flynn.

3. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Lowry and Scola together is worth more than Gasol alone. Lakers first rounder + Gasol is a deal.

4. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Sam Smith for rofl

5. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Lowry better not be dealt. I'll have to put up with a bullsh^t wave of pro-Morey fans telling people to calm down and wait and an equally large bullsh^t wave of anti-Morey fans telling people to start rioting.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i've never gone from "yessss" to "noooo" so quickly, after reading the dragic flynn comment..

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Nothing new really, and the deal didn't say it included martin, it said scola, flynn and dragic

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is from the Sam Smith article. Sam Smith just makes up random trades. Not really new info here. Certainly not worthy of being called a "potential" trade, as if there are real rumors circulating.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

From Bulls.com Sam Smith

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I thought I'd heard something about Gasol in some other thread or 10?

Maybe not?

Thanks for the scoop.

1 person likes this.
  11. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

I'd do Luis plus Lowry for Gasol and first round pick next year. I think Dragic is a solid starter now. I'm not sure about the backup point guard though. Llull is a posibility?

12. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Does this thread contribute anything that the 5 million other threads on Gasol do not?

13. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

You lose one of the most potent backcourts in the league for a second tier big guy?

If we can keep Lowry and Martin, me gusta.

14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Pull the trigger, im sick of being average, build a team around kyle or build one around gasol?

Give me the spaniard and bring over sergio until then goran, flyn, and even courtney can run the ship. Im telling you if we can hold on to martin as well that is a great inside outside combination.

15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

morey knows that hes gonna trade dragic and scola for gasol. morey knows hes not gonna trade lowry unless its for D-williams

16. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

We def. needed a new thread for this.

17. YaosDirtyStache

Its sickening to see how this man is over valued.

He is not worth Lowry alone.

18. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

http://houston.sbnation.com/houston...78/nba-trade-rumors-pau-gasol-houston-rockets
    why :(

19. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

In other news the New Jersey Nets really wants Dwight Howard but Orlando doesn't yet want to trade him unless they know the can't resign him. A deal may include Humpries, multiple draft picks, and another 2 players of the Magic's choosing not named Deron Williams. Chances of the Magic dealing Dwight Howard: 60%.

Can I get paid for writing that kind of speculation (+ random mathematical number at the end to give legitimacy) as well?

20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member