1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pau Gasol is 0-20 in the playoffs as a leader

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Apr 28, 2013.

?

I believe that

1. Pau Gasol was better than both Dirk and Yao

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  2. Pau Gasol was better than Yao, not Dirk

14 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. Pau Gasol was better than Dirk, not Yao

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. Pau Gasol wasn't as good as Yao and Dirk were

60 vote(s)
    76.9%
  1. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Lakers are down by 18 at the half and I rather believe that the Moon would fall down on Earth, than the Spurs would lose this game, so it's safe to say that Pau Gasol led teams are 0-20 all-time in NBA playoffs.

He wasn't able to win even a single game for his Memphis Grizzlies (0-16) and now he is unable to win any games as a Lakers top player in the playoffs with Kobe out and all system is running through him.

It's probably even worse than T-Mac or even Andre Miller curse

It's hard to believe, that tons of people around the globe are saying that he was better NBA player than Yao Ming or Dirk Nowitzki in the past decade.

How could you possibly be better than those guys and lose all the games you've played as a one man army? I mean, you can lose all the series, by being overmatched, but all the GAMES?

2. AFS

AFS Member

He's still a heck of a player. Skilled big men like him are rare nowadays.

3. outlaw96

outlaw96 Member

So u are aknowledging that he's better than dwight?

4. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Andre Miller has lost all the series he played in, but he stepped up huge everytime, made 39% of his threes in the playoffs (comparing to 21% career in regular season) and scored 18 points in a fourth to win a single game and he wasn't considered as a Hall of Fame guy

If you want to be better than any HOF'ers you could simply go off in just one game against any opposition, like T-Mac, Yao, Brandon Roy and whoever else did, IMO

5. supdudes

supdudes Member

Same problem as Dwight. Not physical enough to seal off aggressive low post defender. Without any good wing players to swing the ball to them at the right place, they're have trouble creating.

This is where lower body hearth matters. Yao can get the ball from 20 foot out, pivot, and back down the defender. Same as Shaq.

D'antoni's system is to blame

6. Anxiety Trooper

Definitely a notch below both dirk & Yao. Dirk shouldn't even be in this discussion. Dirk's playoff run to the title was legendary ala wade in 06 or 07 (can't remember the year). I think you could build a title contender with Yao as your number one player. I don't think you could do the same with Pau.

7. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

He's their cornerstone without Kobe and it's not even debatable. All the offense is running through him, take a look on assists column or on usage rating

8. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

You've forgotten about Steve Kerr on National TV and his speech about Pau being the best international player to ever played the game in this league. Then he said that he didn't mean that Gasol was better than Hakeem and Duncan and other guys, who've played College Ball in US. but better than anyone else who didn't

I almost blew my stomach back there and he got cheers for that speech

9. nebula955

nebula955 Member

No way is he better than Dirk. Arguably better than Yao because titles, but IMO he was not nearly as dominant in impact.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

who in the world cares really?

11. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Yao won a playoff series where he was the best player. Pau hasn't won **** without a player better than him on the team.

12. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

Pau is a great 2nd banana, perhaps the best 2nd banana in the past 5 years or so, but as a g2g, he's not in the same league as Dirk, who singlehandidly carried the Mavs to the title, and Yao who was surrounded by an awful supporting cast yet managed to lead a competitive team

13. plates300

plates300 Member

Pau lacks the mental toughness. Dirk finally got it when he won and I always believed Yao had it.

14. DreamRoxCoogFan

Yao isn't allowed to be on any greatness lists. Longevity is a huge criteria for that. No one would take Yao over Pau. Now if he was always healthy, then I'd agree with you. Unfortunately, Yao never lasted long enough so Pau is the better player.

15. outlaw96

outlaw96 Member

I mean with all that bs you guys were speaking about pau its good to hear that u just declared that he's much better than dwight. Was yao better than dwight to the point it's not even debetable?

16. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Who cares, Gasol was never a 1st option player nor did he think of himself that way.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gasol is good player the rockets were willing to trade half their roster for him

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

Big deal.

Pau won two titles and was a key to both of them and that is all that matters.

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

Dirk did not carry the Mavs to the championship by himself. Did people who say this even watch the Mavs that playoffs?

20. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Isnt it 0-16?