1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patterson fined for comments on twitter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fawkward, Mar 19, 2012.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

I think it is lame, but I understand it. When I worked for Pappas we had to sign a social network contract stating if we talked bad about the company we could be terminated. I'd imagine NBA players sign something similar.

2. esteban

esteban Member

If the fans make the NBA irrelevant, Stern can fine every player in his stable and nobody will care.

3. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

Yeah that's Pappas for ya! I used to work at pappadeuxs and they run there restaurants much like pimp stern rules his hoes with a iron fist. Glad I found another job before the did the social network contracts I would have been fired within the hour lol.

4. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

it's an upside down world when truths begets fines...especially truths that are so obvious to all

and no, the fine is NOT reasonable...who would you rather be in paying a fine? Kobe or PP? If you can choose, then I suggest that the fines are not reasonable.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

I never understood the logic of fining players in any sport for what they say about the officials, their teammates, opponents, management, etc.

Doesn't that drama just fuel the ratings?

They're 'entertainers' on their tax returns, not athletes... let them be human beings ffs.

6. MadMax

MadMax Member

Except it's also based on it being real competition...i'm with you on the teammates/opponents thing. But when you start tweeting about officials that arguably goes to the very integrity of the product they're trying to sell...and that's been a concern for the NBA for a while.

7. BleedRocketsRed

He probably planned this appeal the second he wrote it censoring the word "refs"

8. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

he got fined under the assumption he was talkin about the clippers game ... nothing prove it ... + he censored himself ... if nba begin to fine people for things they think they talk/wrote about, what's the next step ?

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

it's Stern totalitarianism, plain and simple. But seriously, what does anyone expect? This guy's has been micromanaging the league with a Napoleonic complex for decades. I freaking can't wait till this stooge retires.

10. Precision340

Precision340 Member

can't wait until idiot stern retires

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

I think it speaks to both ("the refs screwed us" says "our opponents didn't deserve to win" to me), and I think it's good for ratings either way.

Drama is the name of the game.

When people were claiming conspiracy during the Jordan days, the Laker dynasty, etc. It didn't stop people from watching.

Claiming corruption is one thing (stoking drama), finding it (validating feelings of "why the hell should I watch this crap") is another.

12. houseofglass21

If the NBA is really owned by all the teams collectively why don't they just all band together to get rid of Stern? He doesn't own the NBA.