1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick McCaw. The Warriors are just unfair.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Outlier, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Well if nothing else Curry can always just “flash” McCaw’s jersey number across his chest to make his point....

Patience, roslolian and J.R. like this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. BigBum

BigBum Member

Cavs interest in re-signing Patrick McCaw isn't technically illegal, but it feels like circumvention – signing him to big non-guaranteed offer sheet they seemingly had no intention to keep b/c they knew GSW couldn’t match it, then going after him with contract GSW may’ve matched.

If the Cavs were convicted and lose their 2019 first-round pick, the entire landscape of the NBA could be shaken up. The Cavs, who could have the No. 1 overall pick, could lose out on the generational talent that is Zion Williamson.

4. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

This is wild.

5. BigBum

BigBum Member

It's called "unusual way" and "inappropriate way".
    McCaw has already landed in Canada.

#85 BigBum, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Quick - delete the emails!!

For sure the Cavs did this as a solid to the agent. Help the players get what they want via the agent, and so build positive rapport to sign free agents in the future.
    Proving they did it this way has got to be extraordinarily hard - Warriors seem very butt hurt over it. They had the right to match the contract, and chose not to. Prior to that they had the opportunity to work out a deal, but couldn't because they couldn't provide a positive environment for McCaw to be a part of. They're salty that someone gave him cash and he got out of playing for them at the QO.

7. BigBum

BigBum Member

According to report, is there a motivation that Cavs want Mccaw to become an unrestricted free agent?
    Cavs have declared that McCaw did not play good basketball in those 3 games, that is the reason they waived him.
    As a result, GS lose the matching right, but Cavs have done nothing illegal.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. omgTHEpotential

And the Raptors get the Warriors' playbook on a silver platter. Beautiful.

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Lakers have it, too -- at least the pre-Durant one, which is the one Draymond likes to use.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Louka likes this.
  12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

NBA inserts Chris Paul fake laugh towards Steve Kerr gif.

Louka likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/05/patrick-mccaw-explains-why-he-left-warriors.html
    With his current team set to play his former team in the Finals, McCaw spoke at length with Marc Spears of The Undefeated about why he chose that path.
    • McCaw wanted to have a bigger role. “I just wanted more. Not necessarily more playing time, but more opportunity for myself. I’m not discrediting the Warriors and what they chose to do. I just think being a young kid, you see all the younger guys competing and doing their thing and you feel like, ‘OK, I’m just that kid, or I could be doing exactly what he’s doing.’ ”
    • His agents at the time, Marlon Harrison and Bill Duffy, urged him to accept Golden State’s two-year, $4MM offer but the restricted free agent but he wouldn’t budge. “Maybe I could just go back and finish, just go back for a year, see what happens, see where it took me,” McCaw said. “I just felt like once it got past preseason, I was just adamant about not going back. I was just stuck right there.”
    • There was a perception that Cleveland did him a favor but signing him to the offer sheet that the Warriors didn’t match. But McCaw denies that. “I didn’t like how the media portrayed it, like we had something (else) lined up already,” he said. “Yeah, that wasn’t the case at all.”
    • The personal reasons cited for McCaw’s absence during most of the Eastern Conference finals was due to a family tragedy. His older brother, Jeffrey McCaw, died.

TimDuncanDonaut and Vivi like this.
  14. biina

biina Member

Move hasn't worked out so well imo.

If he had stayed at GS, he would have been earning $2m vs $550k and would have likely had a legit shot at the Livingston role off the bench.

He would probably have also played more minutes with GS.

Mckinnie is currently looking good for the Iggy spot but off the bench

15. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Can't blame the Warriors for drafting well. He is a second round pick as well.

16. vince

vince Member

And when the NBA gives the Warriors favorable foul calls. It’s not enough to beat a team of all stars, now you have to beat the bias of the refs too.

I’m so blah about the NBA right now, I haven’t seen a game since then Rockets were practically disqualified by the refs for playing a style that would beat the Warriors. When you had commentators saying how the Rockets were boring and bad for TV ratings. I’m Very disappointed in the edited for networks Finals series.