1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick McCaw. The Warriors are just unfair.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Outlier, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

This guy has insane feel for the game and has a nice shot. The only knock about him is his weight. His body movement is Jordanesque (movement only guys, dont freak out) and he is super explosive. He also can hit 3s with ease. This guy will break out as a star...even if he doesnt win ROY this year. At first, i wasn't high on him because I thought he was a short sized point guard, but he's 6'6"! The Warriors are just unfair. Will they be able to keep him after his rookie contract runs out?

2. malakas

malakas Member

Thank Hammond and Kidd. Why did they decide to help the Warriors out of all the teams? What idiots.
    I would have sold the pick to any other team even for less $.

3. what

what Member

I've been repping Pat Mccaw for some time well before the draft. I even DM'd Robert Pera, made a thread on him on the grizzlies board. I just thought this kid was getting way undervalued and he was improving. He also has one of the best tempurments in the game, he was Plastic Man's protege.

The kid is going to be good for a long while, I fear.

D-rock likes this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

From NBADraft.net

NBA Comparison: Corey Brewer

KingCheetah and Roxnostalgia like this.
  5. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

/thread

KingCheetah likes this.
  6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Lol.

KingCheetah likes this.
  7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I don't see anything Jordanesque about him at all...but i see the Corey Brewer. He doesn't seem as one dimensional, but he doesn't have the game to be a star. That shot isn't very fluid, looks a bit like Trevor trying to score.

8. Outlier

Outlier Member

Watch the OT game highlights with him scoring 10 points in OT. Only stars do that.

9. heypartner

Watch these regular season game highlights with Brewer scoring 51 points. Only superstars do that.

D-rock, RasaqBoi, Vivi and 5 others like this.
  10. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

The warriors are trash, steven curry is trash, mccawk is trash, draymond is a donkey

Rodman23 and tmactoyao like this.
  11. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

He's already better than Brewer. McCaw is the tall, defensive, 3pt shooting point guard we needed. Smh

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

10 points in preseason OT is only for superstars?

Playing with a great team will make you better. I've often said I don't think Kawhi would be the Kawhi we know if he wasn't a Spur.

I think you'd have to be pretty young to watch this one performance and come to that conclusion. These things happen every year, and get overblown every year. There are players who excelled for years even and never ended up anything. There are people like Marcus Thornton who can score like crazy but can't make stay on a team. Here's a painful case study for you guys:

Rockets Sign Cato
    Cato has started in five of Houston's seven games. On Oct. 15 against Cleveland, he notched a preseason triple-double with 20 points, 13 rebounds and 12 blocks in 31 minutes.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/rockets-sign-cato/

D-rock likes this.
  13. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

This guy will be pretty good. But no ... no rookie of the year for him. Will probably get 5 minutes a game here and there on the Warriors.

He has a good feel for the game, can pass, defend the passing lane and stay in front of PGs/SGsreally really well, shoot, but doesn't have a tight dribble nor the frame to defend around the key. He is around 180lbs only.

I would say that he'll get a real shot after his contract with the Warriors end. He'll be a good role player in time.

14. andersongo

andersongo Member

What do you mean by Jordanesque? Unstoppable turn-around fade-away? Killer drop-step? Dunking from the three throw line?

15. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Don't see the Jordan comparison (yes, i'm only talking about movement). Plus, the fact that this guy makes the warriors "just unfair" is laughable also.

16. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Why draft a stud like McCaw when you can draft a CHINESE
    #Moneyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

17. heypartner

fwiw: McCaw was taken 5 picks before Zhou. Morey took Onuaku right before McCaw was selected. GSW paid $2.4m for the Bucks pick

Would have been fun to be a bug on the wall listening to Morey and MDA potentially argue over that pick.

ISOBall likes this.
  18. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

My Sig says it all. Unbelievable.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

got a link? i only see the game winner and that was just a random floater...nice, sure, but the defender played the layup and gave him space. Seems more to me like he's a confident and aggressive rookie, which plays in his favor because he hasn't been scouted on an NBA level....Remember Donte Green? Nick Johnson? Wait and see how he adjusts to NBA starters over a few games.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

What's unbelievable is that he was drafted at 38th. He could have been picked up after the draft in all reality. GS is off their rocker if they see Michael Jordan in this guy. I see his potential as more of a Michael Olowokandi or Jerome Jordan. The only similarity is that they're both 6'6".