1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverly: "I requested a trade from the Houston Rockets"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Aug 3, 2017.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chris Paul: I requested a trade to the Houston Rockets

Pen15clubber and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Carmelo Anthony: I am not discussing any trade to the Houston Rockets

3. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

He only said he ask to be traded because of what Les said shortly after the trade. "No one has left that didn't want to be here." So this is classic PatBev but he's not a Rocket anymore wish him well! Pat is a system guy not a freestyle offense guy, he thrived playing with Harden who will command attention like that in LA?

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I hope Paul and Harden embarrass Beverly every time we play him.

Downtown Sniper and Pen15clubber like this.
  5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I've got no problem with that and I can respect it. How high he could climb here was going to be limited by who he was sharing the backcourt with. I don't think it's like Irving at all though. Bev is a role player trying to maximize his potential and prove himself as a player (and get paid lots of money); he might along the way be a contributor on a championship team. Irving is a franchise player (maximized, proven, and paid) who is or should be looking to lead a team to a championship. He's not going to be able to do that if he runs away from teams with other great players.

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Which does not mean he was traded for cb. He was traded to make room for cb. He was defensive because I said we had to ship off a first to get rid of lin...which is true

#86 Pen15clubber, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  7. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Pat on CP or harden gonna be interesting.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Harden will get bev in foul trouble immediately

BigMaloe likes this.
  10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Some of you guys are ridiculous in saying Bev is only saying he wanted to be traded after getting traded. Beverley has been asking for increased PG duties for a while now and while he shouldered more with the 2nd unit, it was clear he was still hungry for more. I respect that honestly. I don't think he will ever be capable of becoming an actual playmaking PG despite impressive improvements on his drive and kick ability and that floater he added, but I genuinely respect the guy for wanting to try.

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

He got fined $25,000 from the NBA. Look at the list of players that are fined 25K or more this past seasons, most of them are headcases.

What Beverley is saying in disguise is that he asked the Rockets through his agent for more money.

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

Love Pat, wish him the best. It looks like it was amicable parting as far as trades can go. I hope he achieves his goals against every team except the Rockets.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It will be interesting what he says from here on out.......

CP3 against BEV - Battle of the 7 kingdoms

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

ok. so what he got fined. he felt a line was crossed and beverley did what he had to do.

its really no surprise beverley would like more money at this point, especially with how much is being thrown so easily these days. that's just not something he would get here at the end of the day but to be fair the contract he signed originally was a very good contract for him here.

15. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

[QUOTE="YOLO, post: 11252429, member: 50714"
    its really no surprise beverley would like more money at this point, especially with how much is being thrown so easily these days. that's just not something he would get here at the end of the day but to be fair the contract he signed originally was a very good contract for him here.[/QUOTE]

Beverley deserves more money, but how much more. I believe he is asking Jeremy Lin, or Chandler Parsons money which I don't think the Rockets would sign to it.

When Beverley plays against the Rockets, it will be no mercy. It is a guaranteed that he will try to play against Chris Paul, he will play him hard and rough. I'd be shocked if Beverley isn't T'd up. And anyone think that Beverley will not be taunting the Rockets bench, or us at Toy Center?!?!?!? We will be seeing a thread named "I have grown to hate Patrick Beverley 2.0".

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I disagree. I think you guys confuse playing style with attitude. Bev is an unselfish guy who would do anything to help the team win. Chris Paul is a dirty prick who would do anything to gain an edge.

Bev reminds me of guys like Scola and Chuck Hayes. CP3 reminds me of Karl Malone.

Don't get me wrong. I know which bunch has more talent and would bring more wins. But I'd rather root for the first bunch.

heypartner likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

at the very least if someone like delladova can get about $10 mil per as of today, that's what bev should be getting.

Chandler Parsons makes max. theres no way bev is getting that. Lin makes $11 mil per. nothing really wrong with that range.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

i definitely think we'd miss that part of the game bev brings if PJ wasn't here who is very similar in this regard

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Agreed about PJ.

20. alethios

alethios Member

it wasn't casual heckling and the a-hole that hurled racially-tinged epithets was no victim. He got what he deserved in that case.