1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Patrick Beverley WCF availability???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tha TC, May 16, 2015.

1. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Patrick Beverly is not walking through that door.

2. CALI_MOST_WANTD

I was wondering the same about Bev. I didnt know he was ruled out. Thought only Dmo was.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

who needs bev when you prigioni.

4. RESINator

RESINator Member

Prigioni > Bev. He's in rhythm now!!

5. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Early whispers out of Houston say Patrick Beverley will NOT be able to play in West finals. Something tells me Beverley wants to try, tho</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/600065962063302659">May 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Even though Patrick Beverly will get his cast off next week don't expect him to play in the West Finals.</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/600074025604239360">May 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i could see him coming back if there's a game 6

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

Wonder if he has been working out with the team. I have a feeling he comes back. Denials by management mean nothing.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Would be a really bad move to bring him back, we shouldn't mess with the chemistry and automatisms this team has.

Don't mess with a team that is successful in a playoffs run, to this day think Orlando would've won if they hadn't stupidly brought back Nelson in the Finals where Alston played his heart out.

10. jlowe362

jlowe362 Member

wtg HR

Yes im like you if we can get patrick back we can not worry as much about the point guard situation

11. today

today Contributing Member

So what day does he get the cast off, is it the 18th or 20th? I've heard/read both.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't think it would hurt to have him come off the bench for 3-4 min each half. just his energy on the court would give us a big lift.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah I agree, problem is his shot is going to be so off that you may as well just play Johnson for those reasons.

I think Bev will be back though and hopefully it's one of those things that gets the players thinking "This is destiny."

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I agree about Nelson, but the problem was SVG starting him. There would have been nothing wrong with bringing him off the bench to see what he could contribute and then adjusting accordingly. SVG trying to insert him right back into his previous role was the problem. Throw Bev in there when the team needs a spark - I see nothing wrong with that.

15. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

I mean isn't it his left hand? If his conditioning is good and he can gom I wouldn't mind him coming off the bench for some minutes hounding Steph in a goon role.

16. nwcougar

nwcougar Member

Bev has done a tremendous job in the past of defending Curry. He could be a game changer IF he returns.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lets say we take the Warriors to 7 games and win, would he make the finals?

#Hope

18. malakas

malakas Member

well at that point we don't even need him. The problem is the warriors, the east winner can be handled without Bev.

19. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Bev is going to play. There's no way he will sit this out even if he's just 60-70%. If we get him for just 10-15 minutes in the later games in the series it could be huge.

20. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Kyrie says hello