1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley sighting... sort of

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketfan21, Mar 8, 2014.

1. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

lol :)

2. haydenfisher342

All very good ideas, ill mosdefinlty give that a shot. Gunna tweet d12 now

3. haydenfisher342

may i ask? Have you had success with this?

4. haydenfisher342

When I was in LA, I wanted to watch a Rockets Clipper game live. Went online found some for just after Xmas. Planed out where the Rockets come in and out on the court. Got tickets as close as I could. It was the game where chandler Tbag'd blake griffin, ya I know we lost but it was fun. I remember going to the ledge and trying to get the Rockets attention any Rockets attention, cheering, screeming, looking like a fool in front of the Clipper crowd.wearing blood red (fearing getting shanked.) "Lowry", "LOWRY", nothing. very disapointed for my first nba game, but I shouldnt of expected anything really.

5. delishman

delishman Member

FIX HIS PROBLEM

6. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

haha, gonna get me fired and sued here.

Sometimes it's all about getting lucky. For whatever reason whenever I go on vacations I get lucky with running into celebrities. Two years back I took a trip for March Madness to Arizona and met Magic Johnson and Colin Cowherd. Just last week I had some free tickets to some Thunder games so went down to OKC and met Desmond Mason, Serge Ibaka, Sam Presti (second time), Kendrick Perkins, and... wait for it... Kevin Durant. And for these ones I do have "Pics or it didn't happen."

Best of luck to you in your Rockets ventures. I hopped on as a fan when I was 6 during the first championship run and thought the success would go forever. Now as an old 26 year old man, I finally plan on seeing my first Rockets game this season, as they come visit my new town of Denver (WHY do they only come here once this year, WHYYYY?).

Yeah man it was really cool and it's funny because it's been my dream since starting this job, which I severely hate. I take calls from Seattle, San Francisco, Denver, Minneapolis, Albuquerque, and Houston. But about 20% of my customers are from Houston area. I've always thought how cool it would be to take a call from a Rockets player. Low and behold, as karma would have it, only 5 months into working here, with thousands of employees taking calls, I get to talk to the Patman.

I lol'd.

Honestly I hate this job, but it's a big company, I'm good at the job (despite not fixing Pat's problem), and it has plenty of room for promotions. I love living in Denver, but the ultimate goal has become to find a dream job and get an in with CSN Houston, even if I did have to start at the bottom again there. Of course, I don't want to be taking phone calls forever, unless you can guarantee me that I'll only be taking calls from Rockets players for the rest of my career. ;)

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Not specifically with the Rockets, but I generally don't give up easily if I want something.

8. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Comcast sucks. Bribed Netflix to pay them money or they'd slow down their streaming.

But cool story bro.

9. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I feel your pain with the call center job, I worked at VZW call center for 6 years, before getting laid off 2 years ago. I talked to Mad Max about 3 years ago and posted a thread and wanted to say I was a fan to him so bad but we get QA-ed on calls and couldn't take the chance to fail another call

Awesome story, especially since you are so far away. Wonder why he didn't get the call center in Houston.....:confused:

10. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

He is my neighbor, well actual lives about 3 houses down to the left. Cool guy.... i actually see him at every game courtside anyways LOL.