1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley/Scott Brooks/Referee Altercation?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Nov 16, 2014.

1. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

love havin a misunderstood THUG on the team ;)

2. SeabrookMiglla

brooks trying to earn brownie points from the refs, well played...

3. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Beverley relishes his role as Thunder irritant

1 person likes this.
  4. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

Brilliant attitude from Bev, you can just sense he is in for a huge year.

5. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Brooks saved Bev ass.lol .tbh Bev is way more than aggressive this time.

6. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Brooks is a little b****. Says he was trying to make sure nothing would happen to the ref but if you actually watch the video, he makes his way towards Bev and the official and goes off at the ref.

7. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

This is why I never want to face them in the playoffs, calls never go our way in that arena, every single basket is celebrated and referees do not have the balls to go against that. Same with Brooks here, should've been T'd up!

8. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

I LOVE BEV! I love that tenacity, that grit, that effort, that HEART! This is probably the effort of Scott to build up some negative propaganda about Bev when he was clearly just leaning in to hear what the ref was saying. He was so in the heat of the moment and so pumped up it looked like he was trying to intimidate him, but this was not the case.

Patrick Beverley has balls. And that is what this team needs. Is balls. I'm glad he is hated. I'm glad he is a pest. He is OUR pest.

Bring on MEMPHIS!

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

#49 BamBam, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
    2 people like this.
  10. CertifiedTroll

That thug Brooks jumped all up in the refs face.

11. Nero

Nero Member

From what I could see watching it on tv:

Things had been getting progressively more chippy, as we all know.

Down under the basket, the guy next to Bev (don't remember which Thunder guard it was) through a pretty blatant elbow/extended fore-arm into Bev, there was no doubt about it, it was obvious - apparently to everyone except the refs.

Well this set Bev off, he went pleading his case not to Kennedy but to the OTHER ref, further away up the side of the court. When he got no response, he turned back toward Kennedy, who was literally right there next to the two of them when the fore-arm was thrown.

Kennedy says something to Bev - who knows what - and apparently Bev didn't know either, because he leaned in very close to Kennedy and put his ear almost directly touching his mouth.

Now in all honesty, the physical movement Bev made at that moment SEEMED overly aggressive, and maybe it was the camera angle, but it LOOKED like Bev was actually getting into a forehead-t0-forehead altercation with the *REF*! That was a shocking moment, even for Bev.

Well the replays of course showed that Bev was merely leaning in closely (perhaps overly aggressively, yes), but did not make contact with Kennedy, and Kennedy was not visibly upset or worried about Bev being that close.

In other words, and as evidenced by the fact that Bev received no penalty of any sort, there was nothing of which Bev was guilty except perhaps of just being his normal pesty self.

At the same time, I can see how knee-jerk people watching it might believe that Bev was trying to 'fight' the Ref, or something like that.

However, clearly Brooks was just trying to manipulate the refs at that pont - and in fact Brooks was more upset about Bev's pleading wildly to the refs about the forearm, and not actually about Bev being in Kennedy's face, since Brooks was ALREADY on his way out there before Bev ever even approached Kennedy. Most likely Brooks was trying to get a T in order to get his team fired-up enough to muster some extra effort and squeeze by the Rockets in an incredibly brutal and painful game.

As painful as this game was, at least we WON. Imagine how badly it must suck to be on the losing end of a game like this. That's what Brooks was trying to avoid with his antics - I don't blame him, but this 'I was worried for Bill' BS - well, anyone with a brain should know that was complete horse hockey.

12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Lost in translation, over your head much? JFC.

Whiney Brooks should have been T'd up too. Storming the court is "usually" an automatic technical foul in every other arena.

13. photojoe

photojoe Member

Lol..this OKC blog says that Brooks had a 'fire' and a 'first step' for the Rockets in 94? Is that why he only played in 28 games and averaged 6.6 minutes per game?

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

So Bev is the thug when OKC was the team with a flagrant foul and an elbow to Bev for no reason? Perception is everything in this league.

15. tested911

tested911 Member

Your right Beverly was trying to hear clearly what the Ref was saying....

Wasn't there an article that stated he was partially deaf in one ear?

16. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I just spoke to a psychic, who told me that if not for Brooks's actions, Beverly was planning to twist Kennedy's head off and dunk it, then kick a pregnant woman in the belly and laugh about it, spit on three elderly veterans, and then charge out of the arena to burn down a nearby orphanage.

Scottie Brooks...is a real American hero.

17. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Yea, but did the psychic now you were going to speak to him?...:confused:

Next time, go to someone reliable....:eek:

The Oracle...;)

[​IMG]

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

me too. im sure this is true for the majority. just glad one of these types of players is on houston.

19. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

truth: just watching I thought they would both get teed up !

20. smr6

smr6 Member

Meh, I live up in OKC and was at the game. The crowd absolutely hates Beverley, and understandably so. As arguable as it may be, the fans here believe that Westbrook's injury cost them the title that year (Once again I said it's arguable). Every foul that was called on Beverley the crowd erupts into cheers. After the first one he got called for, the guy behind me says "that guy's a dirty player." It's so hard not to turn around and remind people that Durant did the same play in retaliation to Jeremy Lin and knocked him out of that series as well. And the fact that it was retaliation makes it dirtier IMO, but really there is no point arguing that. Not juts to Thunder fans, but to the media and fans around the league, no one remembers Durant going out of his way to hurt one of our players. To the rest of the world, Durant is a saint, Beverley is a Devil. I'm just glad he's a Devil on our team I suppose.

1 person likes this.