1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley on the Woj Podcast talking LAC, HOU, and defense.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RightTooCensor, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

He can do what he wants; he can say what he says. There is no "supposed to" here.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I just fail to see how wanting a bigger role should make Rockets fans "not miss him as much," given that he is the only guy who gave 100% every time he touched the floor since 2013. I do think he understood/accepted his role these last 5 years, but I can't fault him for wanting more -- particularly given that CP3's arrival would have meant an even more diminished role in the extremely unlikely event he hadn't been moved. If he was crapping on the team on the way out, I could understand feeling some kinda way. But I don't see anything wrong with him acknowledging his ambition and the fact that it couldn't have been realized in Houston. Just my opinion, of course.

Yung-T, MoonBus and Joshfast like this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Pics of female co-worker in Rockets gear or it didn't happened.

dragonwill, Joshfast and DreamShook like this.
  4. amaru

amaru Member

Probably the way the interviewer lead him with the question.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Based on the interview, he requested a trade before the Chris Paul trade.

I sunk in my seat when I heard Beverley was traded. I think he was a very important part of the team the past few years. Like you said, he brought it every night even when the all stars were dogging it. The conversation I had with my coworker was why would the Rockets do him like that? I know Chris Paul is so much better but why mess with the chemistry of the team and remove the glue. So hearing this is like finding out that the glue wasn't forced out but instead he wanted to leave. Today the conversation was about the Rockets not doing him wrong but instead doing him a favor.

Like I said earlier. There is no "supposed to" here. I just don't see the benefit of revealing that a trade was requested or demanded. But that's just my opinion.

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Lou said the players knew the trade was happening weeks before it actually did, so I'd be very shocked if that had nothing at all to do with it. I guess I don't see the benefit of refusing to answer Woj's question, other than to spare the feelings of fans who don't want to believe someone might want to leave for what they think is a better opportunity. Bev was/is hands down my personal favorite and it does suck to know he wanted to move on, but I totally get the reasoning.

Yung-T and ElPigto like this.
  7. Dash

Dash Member

Are people still gonna cheer for this guy whenever clippers play at Toyota center? I'm the biggest Beverley fan you'll meet but the way he's trashed our organization since being traded is getting him into Chandler Parsons territory.

iNoseBleedRed likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

where are people getting he trashed the rockets from. stop making up something out of nothing

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

I hadn't heard that about Lou. Very well, he might have requested it in response to Chris Paul.

I get the reasoning behind the Rockets making the trade. I also get the reasoning behind Pat's request but I don't think LA is a better situation for him. I love the guy. I love his time here and wish him the best. I hope he finds what he is looking for.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

He has actually complimented the organization every chance he has gotten

11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with this 100%. This an your previous post! He gave it his all but at the end of the day Beverly is looking put for himself and his family. I believe he has a clothing brand that he is working and has been working on. Houston just didn't have the ability for him to expand his line. He's thinking about his future and what comes after basketball. Maybe after he is somewhat settled in his ventures, he can come play with us again. Happy for the guy and nothing but respect.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Before I thought management did Bev dirty and felt sorry for himtaking that bargain contract. Now,I respect Beverley more as a competitor and junkyard dog.

He's moving in withthe new opportunity andtaking it bythe balls.