1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Patrick Beverley] Mavericks' Top Free Agent Target

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vstexas09, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Let's swap Bev for Rondo ... everybody happy! :rolleyes:

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would never hold a grudge against Beverely if he got a 3 or 4yr deal for 24-32 M from the Mavs, unless he trashed talked against the Rockets organization and it's players.

I don't think he has a personality like Chandler Parsons, and I am quietly confident that he will be back with the Rockets.

3. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I hope Bev does get paid by Cubanista.

It practically all makes sense. He want's to be what the rockets are today. the bulldogs in the league. He wants the articles about being f-bois and playing rough and hard throughout the game. He wants that badboy image. Sorry Cubanista, you can't have it, but you sure as hell can buy it.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Good teams don't overpay Pat Bev, they find Pat Bev in the first place.

1 person likes this.
  5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I don't think you'll ever have to worry about Morey overpaying. And also, the sheer hilarity of Cuban talking about how the Rockets don't value team chemistry, and then turning around and taking 40% of our starting line-up would be good. This reeks of them repaying us the favor of driving up Rondo's price by driving up Beverley's. At this point, they're not even trying to hide it.

6. SemisolidSnake

Assuming this is true, let Cuban overpay for Beverley. From day one, I've loved Pat's energy and spunk, but there's a limit to how much you pay for JUST that. Now, if someone could just teach Beverley to be a point guard, absolutely keep him, but as it is, Harden is our actual point guard, and Bev is our defensive pest and, strangely, our best rebounder (taking into account his size).

My concern would be that Bevs is so popular here among the fans that Les steps in and pulls a Lin instead of letting Morey play the chess game properly.

7. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

so Cuban is after every Rockets free agent now?

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

And let Mark Cuban steal them, thus keeping Dallas semi-relevant.

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

man Sergio is never coming here

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

dont listen to these bafoons, Amin said Kyrie Irving and Noah are much more enjoyable to watch than James Harden

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't buy it. The source of this "inside information" is simply looking for attention. Looks like he succeeded.

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

exaclty Amin is just an idiot, check his Twitter

13. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

Loyalty and integrity don't have much to do with it. If Bev gets offered substantially more money, he should take it. It's a business on both sides of the coin, player-side and owner-side. He's taken the long road to get here and surely worked very hard. If he gets a big contract, good for him. And he should accept it.

Morey has a great track record and I'm pretty confident he will offer Bev a fair value considering everything he brings to us (even how replaceable he may be). If someone deems him more valuable...then good for them

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

Let Cuban overpay.

Warmly welcome Sergio Llull

or...

Bye bye Pap, Dorsey, & co. Hello traded for X player.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

It's well established that you dislike Les Alexander and think Cuban is better . . .

but, then, why does Cuban keep chasing Les' guys?

Oh, and get your $10 ready to pay for that Cuban lovers thread in 20 days.

16. delishman

delishman Member

A 5 page thread on Clutchfans hardly qualifies as attention. Wait until he gets "paging" thread.. then we can talk!

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I never blame a player for leaving for more money. However, if they leave for more money in the most douchebag way possible and in a way that is intentionally make it painful for my favorite team? I will boo them every chance I get.

18. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

For how much we like Bev, this statement is true. Bev is a below average starting PG. Also, what was the point for trading for Rondo if they are going after Bev.

This whole thing makes little sense.

19. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Your Team, Our Team, AMERICA's Team, the HOUSTON Rockets!!!!!

20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Cuban using Morey's move. Throw your name out there, if anything just to drive up the price for your rival down the road.