1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley is GARBAGE

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JLPITCO, Feb 20, 2015.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm starting to wonder if the Rockets should hang onto that NOP pick and actually use it for themselves. If there are no quality PGs available in free agency or via trade the offseason at a reasonable price, just draft the best one available at #13(or wherever the pick winds up). Or if they wanna really be bold, package the NOP pick along with a player or two(or future picks) and move up in the draft. At this point, even a rookie can't play as badly as Bev or Terry.

2. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Knight being a restricted free agent might work in our favor. PHX just signed Bledsoe to a 5 year/70 million dollar contract, do you really think they would match Knight getting 4 years/60 million? Commit 130 million to point guards? PHX has to be smarter than that.

The problem will be getting that type of money. We would pretty much have to do what we did last offseason and trade most everyone. No more Pap, possibly trade Ariza, and hope Brewer and Smith take the MLE and Bi-annual. Getting KJ and hopefully signing him to a team friendly deal can help in the case if we have to let Ariza/Brewer go.

We just have to play it smart. Getting Dwight back and healthy is the most important step. Everything falls after that.

3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

These are good points. We're asking guys to expand beyond their strengths, which is great in the off season, but is very awkward during the season.

Bev is just not a natural PG, he has no vision and is a limited passer. I'm actually very excited to see Pablo play and believe we should have a rotation where we have the following guys on the court...

C-DMo
    PF-Smith
    SF-Papa
    SG-Harden
    PG-Pablo

Those are our best passers at each position and I believe that line-up would do wonders for our ball movement and half-court game. Plus we have some guys that can hit the open shots (sans Papa).

I cringe every time Bev or Ariza put the ball on the floor and head to the basket. It's not natural for either of them.

4. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

I actually really like the idea of moving up in the draft... There's some good PGs that would be worth the risk. The funny thing is we don't need ALOT from the PG spot.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's hope Pablo can handle it...

I can't stand watching Beverley, at this point I would rather run Brew at PG.

6. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

You're right! I'm just afraid of gutting the team again and feeling like we are starting all over again. I think we are almost there just another piece but that's the hardest part is finding that piece at the right price. And still staying flexible for Durant Cuz we all know that's Morey primary thing! It's gonna be tough!

7. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

O yea lets waist 3 years (counting last year ) for a pipe dream KD

IN MOREY WE TRUST

8. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

I'm not saying it's right! I wanna win now and contonue to be aggressive at deadlines and free agency. I'm simply saying that we all know Morey loves the 3 stars thing! So he's going to stay flexible for him. It's a given whether it's the right move or not..

9. J Hard

J Hard Member

fail ;)

10. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

If there is someone I would trust to "gut the team", it would be Morey. Who would have thought after the Bosh/Parsons debacle we would have a viable contender just 6 months after?

We already have our foundational players so finding player to fill out the rest is something Morey has a record of doing pretty well. Morey knows what he is doing. He will make mistakes but he will try his best to fix it. All we can ask.

11. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

You're right! You know a lot of us complain about staying flexible for players but if it wasn't for staying flexible we wouldn't ALWAYS be in the conversation for the big names. if Dragic wanted to come here we would have had him and that's due to the flexibility we always have. He will find the final piece. It's just if matter of when imo.

12. J Hard

J Hard Member

Racist garbage boy. You'd be offended if I put a yellow picture of Jeremy Lin right? Yup, yup.

13. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

You can't tell me that in the league full of decent PGs, Pablo is the best he can do?!

14. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

Bev isn't garbage - and no true Rockets fan should ever make any threads putting down your own players.

But Bev has physically regressed. I was really hoping to pick up an Augustine type player who could share minutes at PG to take over Lin's role from last year with our Pels pick.

15. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Garbage no but he's not a NBA starting PG but that was already known.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

He has clearly regressed. Not sure why. That is why a PG upgrade was so critical. Didn't get one, or did we? As bad as the team looked I would give the new guys some burn.

17. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Lol Ofcourse not! We could have Atleast gotten a jarrett Jack type guy but maybe the asking price was too high for Morey's liking. He wasn't willing to sacrifice assets or "chemsitry" and I say "chemsitry" because the guys we have now haven't even had a chance to gel completely yet. We got what we got and we can't really change it now so gotta make due with what we have. I think Pablo will at the very least get into the lane and find open shooters. He's a smart player. But as we have seen we can find open shooters all day but if they don't knock it down then we are screwed. Pablo is a 41% 3pt shooter. Let's not give up on a guy we haven't seen yet. We know what we have in Bevs lets see if Pablo can do something. I know a 37 year old isn't ideal or to many peoples liking but it will have to get us thru the season and the playoffs!

18. dwhite

dwhite Member

The Morey-McHale regime clearly leading us to another offseason!!! Great job guys....way to "stick it" to Barkley after he calls you and your team out.

19. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

You are wrong. We aren't a contender yet. We are pretenders with this limited pg play of Beverley, no true backup 5 (dMO should not be playing 5), and limited coaching.

I laugh at you homers.

20. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

He hasn't regressed in the sense he lost his skills. He's trying to add offensive ISO to his game which doesn't work in this offense or for him. Being a contract year he's trying to show a side of his game which he hasn't deceloped. That is affecting the team play. If he just stuck to passing and defense and hitting 3 which he did last year and early this year, then the team would be fine. Heck even last year he had monster games rebounding. I don't see that this year so he regressed in that regard