1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley is GARBAGE

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JLPITCO, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I have been a pretty big Bev supporter since he got here but I am losing faith. He is shooting .377 in March and shot .288 in February. He doesn't make for it up on defense like Ariza does. I love his heart but he can't make the open shots, its frustrating to watch. Every time he takes an open 3 I cringe.

2. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Patrick Beverly absolutely has to hit those wide open shots. I just can't believe Harden keeps passing it to him.

3. hakeemthagreat

Yes he had a poor offensive performance. But he had his hands full with Lillard all nite, and he had some great rebounds since D-Mo couldn't grab one. Tip of the day, when you're guarding one of the best players in the league your offense will suffer. Since no value is put in defense nobody gives the man credit:rolleyes:

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

That and free throws. Just horrible.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I like Bev but we need another play maker bad. I would love to steal Monta Ellis from Dallas. That would be awesome.

6. tim562

Batum had his hands full with Harden all night also. So did Affalo. But they both hit some big OPEN shots. They played good D all night. Nobody is asking Bev to be an all star point guard. But he has to hit those open shots consistently. His D is on point, he rebounds, he hustles, he has heart. Given.

7. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Bev and Terry will be our downfall come playoff time.

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Overrated on defense and horrible on the offensive side. So yeah...as a basketball player he is garbage. Hot stinky 2 week old garbage.

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

He actually makes me miss Rafer, Moochie and even Lin.

10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Teams are straight up not guarding him. He's part of their game plan now and rightfully so.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

so that excuses you to shoot 12% from 3 on 8 attempts? and btw these 3's aren't created on his own. these are set attempts that are wide open from passes or the defense isn't even guarding him. this is the nba. those excuses don't apply for players to shoot that badly. he needs to hit a few more of those plain and simple.

12. tim562

This man speaks the truth

13. hakeemthagreat

Affalo was 2-13 with 9pts

Bev did his job just like Affalo did his. Lillard was held in check and had to work for each shot he made. The REAL difference was offensive rebounds, turnovers & free throws. If Bev has a poor game offensively but forces a SUPERSTAR guard into a poor game, then I'm actually happy with that. Other guys gotta step up. Again, Lillard was 5-16, 14pts, 3TO (-1 plus/minus). People don't appreciate defense

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

what does afflalo have to do with beverley? were not talking about afflalo. and btw DL is no superstar. please, not even close. I'm definitely a fan of defense but if you fail to acknowledge he has to be able to hit a few more of these wide open 3's hes getting, then i hope you don't expect to win much.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You're right. Didn't even think about that last night. That was the third or fourth time staying up late for a BS game this season. Yawn.

16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

on our feels today CF?

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Yeah Beverley was atrocious last night. I mean brick after brick , dribble through the paint all the way back to the 3 point line, fake a pass and guess what. Lol brick again.

I don't understand why Mchale won't play Prigioni in games like this.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You have to learn from wins and losses. Bev is hurting us big time. So is Ariza.

Pablo needs to get some run.

19. hakeemthagreat

I agree. He does need to hit those. I just think the selective criticism of Beverley on a night where he did a excellent job defensively is evident here.

The NBA disagrees with you:rolleyes:

Plus I already acknowledged Bev could've shot better. He's gotta shoot better. But your criticism is simply selective. Lillard had a horrible night and was a nonfactor. The Blazers STILL won. Why? because other guys stepped up (Robin Lopez, Myers Lenoard, N. Batum). Now had DMo not let so many rebounds slip through his fingers, had we hit our FT's, not turned the ball over and James Harden actually showed up in the 4th qtr, then we probably win. Yet we're complaining about Bev? That's selective criticism. Bev's gotta shoot better. But MORE importantly the team has to step up if Lillard's gonna go 5-16 and only score 14pts with a minus 1 +/- rating. (Bev was +2 btw)

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope bev could have hit some big shots to extend a lead to maintain within striking distance of portland. he missed two wide open corner 3's on both side of the arc, and another one where he dribbled around only to go outside the 3 pt line and they let him shoot. it's not selective. he's part of the starting backcourt. he's got to produce atleast a little more. it would be nice if harden didn't have to carry his load of scoring also. I know theres other problems but this is a Bev thread, and this is definitely a problem and its becomes evident as the season has gone on.

oh and the NBA disagrees with me? thats why DL wasn't even initially selected to be in the all star game right? that's a superstar right there though