1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley is GARBAGE

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JLPITCO, Feb 20, 2015.

1. hakeemthagreat

True. Unfortunately good defense doesn't have any value on here:rolleyes:

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I have a feeling a lot of people are just box score watching.

3. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Jackson would have been a good pick up

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

This is the FBCF (Fantasy Basketball ClutchFans). Here we spend most of our time rooting for players who are not actually on our real team, and we complain about the non-fantasy humans who actually are on our favorite team in reality.

5. RESINator

RESINator Member

1 for 8 from the 3 pt tonight. 2/12 overall.

I saw some ugly drives to the basket with blown easy tear drops.

Open looks all over the 3pt line but failed to hit the money.

He needs to stop gunning for that contract and just play to his strengths.

6. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

He didn't play above his head/for his next contract from what I saw. He put in effort defensively and rebounded well. The only shots he was taking were wide open 3s. You can't blame him that much for just missing every one of them

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

I actually thought Bev played well on defense tonight, which was nice to see since I feel like he's been off this year.

Buuut, some of those drives were really ill-advised. I get so sick of seeing him waste half the shot clock dribbling around in traffic then hand the ball off without accomplishing anything. Just let somebody else create on offense, you clearly are not a playmaker.

Also, is it just me or does Bev pretty much always miss 3's that aren't from the corner?

8. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Like I've been saying in other threads, Bev and Dmo have been liabilities more times than not recently. The reason why the Rox have continued to do okay is the emergence of Jones and continued strong contributions from the bench in Brewer and at times Smith. Bev's defense is not making up for his ineptness on the offensive end. Pg is too important of a position to be inept on offense a lot of the time.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

His defense is making a comeback, which is good to see. His offense is still very poor, though. McHale has to give Pablo a chance when Pat is struggling that much offensively.

10. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

Patrick was open because Portland left him open. Portland left him open because Patrick can't shoot. This allowed Portland to double team Harden which put more pressure on Harden and reduced Harden's effectiveness.

If Patrick hits his shots at even a half-way decent clip, Portland can't put as much pressure on Harden.

While we can't blame him for missing those shots, Patrick does need to be held accountable for shortcoming that negatively effect the teams performance. Patrick's defense might be great, and he may also rebound well for a guard, but he absolutely has to start shooting better. It is killing the team.

The Championship Bulls teams in the 90's had a couple of point guards that couldn't do anything but shoot. Remember John Paxson and Steve Kerr? They kept the defense honest because if you double teamed Jordan or Pippen, the ball got swung around to Paxson or Kerr, and they would burn you with an open three.

Isaiah Canaan and would have been huge tonight with the way Portland was double teaming Harden. Even playing Pablo Prigioni for 10 to 15 minutes would have been a huge benefit for the team.

This team needs a shooter in the worst way possible and way more than Patrick's defense.

2 people like this.
  11. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Good post. Bev is too ineffective offensively to warrant getting as many minutes as he is getting. Prigioni can at least play make a little, let him start getting in there more.

12. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

would like to point out tonight:

Ish Smith had 23,6
    Cannon had 20,3
    A.Brooks had 31,5
    Dragic had 17,3
    Lowry had 32,5(yesterday)

Bev had 5,4

im sure somewhere tonight Rafer and Bryce Drew had 20+each

13. Houston79Astro

Should of worn some throwbacks to add to the trend.

14. TDRox

TDRox Member

I've seen enough. I was at the game and I'm telling you, Patrick Beverley is straight up GARBAGE.

15. Patricker

Patricker Rookie

Even my grandma plays better than Patrick Beverley. Ha ha ha Garbage is Garbage. Patrick Beverley=Garbage.

16. i3artow i3aller

Wonder if Bev has seen this thread...
    [​IMG]

17. dawesome

dawesome Member

I wish we had a PG with avg of 12-15 ppg and 9-12 ast. Bev is wild. Its good for defense but not good for offense. Too bad trade date line is offer, now it seems we have to live with it till the end of the season.

18. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only if we had both or at least one of them.

19. Patricker

Patricker Rookie

Aaron Brooks >>>> Isaiah Canaan >>>Ish Smith >>>>>>>>>>>>Patrick Beverley(SUPER GARBAGE)

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Bev sucks right now offensively. Him and Ariza missing open 3's will be the death of me and may be the main reason we don't advance far into the playoffs.