1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley is GARBAGE

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JLPITCO, Feb 20, 2015.

1. tie22fighter

tie22fighter Contributing Member

Beverley is one of my favorite player. I think he is trying to grow as a more rounded player.

Last year, he was a one dimensional defense only player. This year, he is trying to grow and trying to contribute on the offensive side also. His defense suffers because he has to spend energy on the offense.

I feel this year is a transition year for him. He will probably be a much better player in a year or two.

2. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i think bev needs to loose a few pounds this summer and try to get a little quicker.

3. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Stats dont have to tell me that he messes up the spacing and dribbles around like a moron

4. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Beverly is a finished product. Hes not 21. You see what you get.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At his peak, Bev can be Derek Fisher.

Antagonizer, three point shooter, tough as nails...

(But If you are going to start a guy like that, you better have some insane offensive talent around him...)

6. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

>8m he's a liability but not garbage.

7. theredbackpack

i feel like his conditioning/training/strength is way way up this year compared to last. what's slowed him down this year is i still think he's afraid of getting seriously injured again. i'd still peg him overall as improved though.

8. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

We say we need another playmaker but when harden in out bev gets 7 assist

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Atlanta's two point guards went nuts.

10. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

its because he was actually making 3's, defenders had to run him off the 3pt line and it opened up easy assist. Dont be dumb

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

did you even watch the game or just looked at the box score

12. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Its more that we need someone who can dribble under pressure. When atlanta put the clamps down we couldnt even get a shot up, no one outside of Harden can dribble under pressure.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This. Bev is fine when the defense is not tight and the offense moves fast. He's just is good at running an offense in a half court when the defense clams down.

Pray that Harden is 100% comes playoffs time.

14. koldlaser

koldlaser Member

Is Beverly garbage because he's not a playmaker on offense? Then the whole Rockets team beside Harden is garbage. Hell, 99% of the league is garbage. If Beverly can also create on offense then he is severely underpaid. As it stands, Bev is earning his paycheck every game and everyone here is crying because he can't turn water into wine.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

for a pg he doesn't have as good ball handling skills as he should. he's basically a 3 and D player at the pg position and the knock on him is that his defense has definitely regressed this year and as of late his 3 hasn't been falling so if he's not doing either of those things at at least a decent rate, he contributes negatively.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Beverley is exactly what you'd want out of a back-up PG. He's high energy, high intensity, and plays with a chip on his shoulder. However, he lacks the ability to break double teams, and he can't get the ball to the correct player when defenses clamp down. He struggles when defenses meet him up high and he doesn't have the benefit of getting freed on a pick. To me, he's a better version of Prigioni which is why guys like Harden, Brewer, Josh Smith, and Ariza will be called upon heavily to handle the ball in the playoffs.

17. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I love Bev but when he is not hitting his open shots Bev is a negative on the court. Not just star PGs are torching Bev but just competent PGs are lighting it up against him this year. He will scrap for the tough rebound every now and then and can still be an effective pest but overall, for the most part, he is not making a positive enough influence on the game to warrant being out there more than 20-25 minutes tops. I didn't have a good feeling when McHale put Bev back in the game last night. Bev wasn't THE reason the Rox lost last night but he is a big part of the Rox overall major weaknesses. This has been said a lot but again, in the playoffs when team hard double and trap Bev and take the ball out of Harden's hands, the Rox need a competent ball handler out there to make good decisions. In these instances Prigioni and/or Terry even in their older ages are the best choices.

18. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Ariza sucks as a ball handler. I think he is worse the Bev in ball handling.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

atleast he can handle a bit of pressure by the defense which will be seen in the playoffs

20. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Ariza along with the other wing players on the court down the stretch couldn't even get a decent pass into the post. Of the players currently on the roster, Harden and Prigioni are the best wing ball handlers in the rotation and Smith the best big ball handler. Everyone else is kind of a crapshoot.