1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley is GARBAGE

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JLPITCO, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

BeveAriza is not working

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love what Josh has been doing for the Rockets, but I don't think it's the same kind of fearlessness that Beverley has. I think Smith's skills are more valuable to the Rockets and the toughness that Josh brings to the Rockets is a plus.

I guess I'd say it's something like this...

Skills: Josh-8 Beverley-5

Fearlessness: Josh-7 Beverley-9.5

Again I would love an upgrade at PG, but I don't think it's a matter of doom if we don't get it, and I don't think Beverley provides zero value to the team. He does give us something. The thing is, Beverley could give us the same benefits coming off of the bench.

3. aumate

aumate Member

Honestly, Lin would be a good starter on this team now. He's the second playmaker they need. Bev was better for the situation last year since we had Parsons who could create so they needed D. Now we have Ariza, Lin would of been fine as a starter.

1 person likes this.
  4. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

I agree they let Lin walk in parts bc they were for sure going to sign Parsons and Bosh. Bev with Parsons and Bosh would have worked but without them Bev is forced to step up offensively but is having a hard time.

5. Exiled

Exiled Member

wish we had Lin so we could send him to 76er instead of Cannan

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

The absence of Dwight Howard has really magnified the problem with Ariza and Beverley both handling and shooting the ball too much. Dwight is second on the team in points per shot, and was second on the team in FGA before he went down.

His return alone should mean less shots and more open looks for Bev and Ariza on offense. If we also drill into the team that D-Mo needs to continue to get more shots and T Jones continues to be efficient, I'm not longer worried. Right now, those guys are throwing up garbage because they're playing a game they suck at and we knew that about them before they were ever on this team.

It's just circumstances which are dictating most of this shot distribution. The only problem I see is that we are not going to D-Mo more often.

If we want to talk about wasted possessions, right now Josh Smith is killing us with turnovers. But like Bev and Ariza, they help in other areas and are most effective when their offense is less required.

I hate that we didn't do more to upgrade the PG position, but Bev is certainly better than the player he's shown us the last couple of games. The presence of competition for PG minutes and the return of Dwight and Jones should hopefully make him return to his more efficient and useful ways.

7. JLPITCO

JLPITCO Member

He burned beverley actually.. it was the help defence that shut him down.. and him missing shots he normally makes.. beverley had little to do with lowry performance..

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Bev is not garbage. He is not a starting PG but a good back up energy and D guy on a playoff team.

Lin OTOH is hot trash and garbage. A 3rd string scrub on one of the worst teams in the league - a mental midget, turnover prone, low IQ and liability to any playoff team.

9. JLPITCO

JLPITCO Member

We need JJ WATT as our starting point guard.. dur dur dur...

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

bev's inability to make good passes on the money has turned him into a reluctant passer at times now, and this coupled with his shooting slump make him a glaring liability on the offensive end. our offense simply stagnates when he holds onto his dribble and tours the perimeter instead of hitting dmo on the block or getting inside the defense himself. sometimes he ends up making a play for himself and is able to surprisingly convert in the paint, but more often he just dribbles into no where. either way, he is not making our other players better. he is not setting the table like you need out of your point guard and this is putting all the onus on harden or making us push josh smith into that role, which is also leading to unforced turnovers.

on the defensive end, he has been disappointing the past couple months to say the least.

11. JLPITCO

JLPITCO Member

Right right right right....

12. rocketsmetalspd

I am hoping having Prigioni on the team will help Beverley. Beverley will get better as the season winds down.

13. Entropy

Entropy Member

You're mistaken. LA is trying to tank, so they aren't putting Lin situations where he can give them wins to upset their draft chances. If he was hot trash and garbage as you say, they'd be putting him out there 40 min a night so he can tank them straight to that #1 draft pink.

Lin used in the right way in a bench role as a scorer and playmaker can be very useful.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Lin loses you more games single-handedly than the small role he may play in a team winning games

Lin was Addition by subtraction to this Rockets team. Glad he is gone along with most of his fans except for a few

15. Entropy

Entropy Member

I remember quite a few games where Lin won us the game single-handedly when Harden was injured last year and he took over.

Bev could do with some subtraction too, being put into a bench role where his energy and defense can shine.

16. JLPITCO

JLPITCO Member

The way people praise his defence cracks me up... lmao.. just becsuse he one the skills challenge doesnt mean he is the most skilled.. lmao.. if you actually watched the whole thing you can clearly see how unskilled he is... lmao.. you half ass basketball fans.. go talk about fur fur fur football...

17. JLPITCO

JLPITCO Member

Durant in 2016? Lmao.. go play nba 2k15..

18. RESINator

RESINator Member

The problem with Ariza and Beverley is that they're still shooting the same amount of shots from the start of the season and not hitting them. Harden is getting them great open looks to but now they've started to pass on these open looks or flat out miss them

19. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I'm sorry aren't we the 3 seed in the West? With all of this whining about several of our starters and our coach and missing our franchise center you would think we were in Phoenix ' s position.

20. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

It's surprising how loosely the word "midget" is thrown around like it's not derogatory...

It's a pretty good reflection of those people who continue to use it...like if they keep saying it, it must be true...