1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Dec 26, 2016.

1. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Let him get his and shut everyone else down.

Tha_Dude and J Sizzle like this.
  2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

This does not look good for Bev at if true

[​IMG]

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not kidding. If you think this is a joke, well...

Yule C

J Sizzle likes this.
  4. TacoBaller

TacoBaller New Member

Man. I'd play him against Thunder on a minutes restriction. Let him guard Westbrook for a bit. And maybe let him sit out against Orlando. We need you, Bev!

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Whenever I write something snide here about the Rockets organization always downplaying injuries (DMo in a photo working out "to get back on the court!!!", and a day later the announcement he'll be needing surgery and out for the playoffs), I always get at least one poster jump down my throat as if he or she is related to someone on the Rox training staff.

Maybe this is just one of those freak injuries. Bev seems to pile them up, though; I wonder if Morey can pull that Codman-alluded trade with Orlando for a PG (Elfrid?) 'Cause the team probably won't keep pulling wins out of their a**es with Corey Brewer flailing about on extended minutes. Not without running our currently healthy players into the ground. And Ennis is clearly not a long-term solution.

craguin likes this.
  6. charlieaustin

Wrap a club on him like a d-lineman. :)

7. rockets13champs

Westbrooks game is to get everyone else involved. That dont make sense

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's Bev though, not the entire organization. Capela's injury will keep him out 4 weeks. It didn't require surgery that would keep him out for months. Eric Gordon sprained his ankle against the Celtics. He was fine for the next game. Trevor Ariza collapsed to the ground in Denver with back spasms. He was fine for the next game.

We just have to accept the fact that we've got an injury-prone starting point guard who's never been able to stay healthy for an entire season. Which means it's incumbent upon Morey to find some help at that position. That way we don't wind up in the postseason with the likes of Terry and Pepperoni as our only options against Chris Paul and Steph Curry(and even JJ Barea).

kevtse, vator and craguin like this.
  9. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

my thoughts right now

10. charlieaustin

Yes it does. It's a known strategy. For example, teams used to try it against us back when we had Dream by not double teaming him and closely guarding the other guys so he didn't have anyone to kick it out to. The idea is one player is not going to beat you if he doesn't get enough help from his teammates.

11. bongman

bongman Member

I share your concerns but it might be difficult to sign a serviceable point guard and tell him that he only gets to play if somebody is injured.

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

So, MRI yet? Just get on with it.

hvic likes this.
  13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

maybe he's just waiting till next training camp again

14. vator

vator Contributing Member

Ok, I'm over it. Beverley is never going to stay healthy. Just bring in another PG that isn't hot garbage like Ennis and Brown so that when he is out, the drop-off isn't so significant. Said player doesn't even really have to be that good, he just can't be a net negative player. Come on Morey.

15. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Just curious, how long has Keith Jones been with Rockets? How much are they paying him? Btw, it is amazing that he has been able to last through several coaches without being fired or let go unless that is Rockets managment decision and not coaches.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Maybe Keith Jones and Brewer share the same blackmail material on others in the Rockets organization?

Daryl: "Corey, we're thinking about trading you to Phoenix." or "Keith, we're thinking about letting you go."

Corey or Keith: "Oh, yeah? Then how about.....THESE PICTURES?"

Daryl: "Oh, no.....not pattycake! NOT PATTYCAKE!"

nickb492 likes this.
  17. bongman

bongman Member

Just curious, how does somebody get a bruised knee or injured wrist? Is it by too much running, jumping or shooting the ball or thru impact? If it is caused by impact, is there any kind of training that could prevent you from being injured and/or recover quickly due to that injury?

18. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Westbricks game is to brick, and then brick some more.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

@DaDakota said Bev was his favorite player... The next day he went down with a thigh contusion. two day later, he goes down with a wrist injury.

I'm not saying DD shouldn't have a favorite player, I'm saying he should keep it to his damn self.

the DD curse is real.

Yaosthirdleg, BigMaloe and RudyTBag like this.
  20. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

No, my wrists are actually fine, man. But thanks for your concerns. Beverly will be fine too, we don't need to rush him back against mediocre teams like OKC. Just let him rest, the guy uses so much energy each game that it makes sense to allow for rest when we play lesser teams anyway. Part of me feels like he's not really hurt but just getting some time off.