1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Patrick Beverley Injury [Update] Partial torn muscle, out 10-14 days

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Oct 30, 2013.

1. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

you doubt lin will play well with the starting lineup, don't you? lin will play well and team will win for sure. I can't imagine lin won't play well after adding howard.

2. langal

langal Contributing Member

so fragile. hurt after first game as starter. if he had any balls he would tough it out. i am joking.

hope he gets better soon and I think he deserves his starting spot back unless Lin is tearing it up and we are killing it. silver lining is we get to see more BROOKS!

All in all I don't think we will be missing too much especially this early in the season. Is Canaan going to get the call?

3. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

why is it night and day difference? if I am not wrong, ASIK is one who made the defense night and day different.

4. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

LOF rejoice

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Beverley will not start any drama. I don't think Jeremy started any drama. I think their extreme fans are probably more up in arms than either one of them are.

6. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

Lin played great d in the preseason, and guarded walker better than Bev did in the season opener.

7. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

This is not to say that I think lin is a better defender than Bev, I think Bev is better, but the difference is not day and night.

8. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Man...

Now I'm not as excited about the upcoming games

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Lin's big issue actually has been getting hung up on screens-- Aaron Brooks has the same problem. This is one reason why Calderon scores well against Lin to start the preseason Mavs game (another part is Dwight having to get used to guarding Dirk). Beverley navigates screens much better.

In any case, I'd rather have our full roster of players so if one guy is ineffective he can get subbed for another.

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

10-14 days translates to these games:
    [​IMG]

Clippers twice will be very tough without Bev

11. roxxy

roxxy Member

I tend to agree with this. I am also pretty sure that our big men call out the screens as well.

LOL why? Bev isn't going to stop CP3. LOL. It taes team defense to stop elite PG's not just one guy

12. RocketPowerNick

Get healthy P-Bev!! He is crucial to our championship aspirations.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

He's part of the team, no? If you lose one of your stronger defensive players, there will be an impact.

14. wokdwok

wokdwok Member

What do we have here a BOF (Bev only Fan)?! Aren't we Clutchfans all Rocket fans not LOF/BOF! :cool:

15. xAliceInChains

AB0 time to channel your 2009 self.

16. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

No I didn't say that, i am a big lin fan and he can flash star potential I dont ever question his talent..... He can just be inconsistent still that's all. He may very well thrive as the starter, and I would even start him over Bev due to his upside which i believe increases the whole teams upside. I just want to see consistency out of him

17. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

I was just watching the game in the NBA League Pass archives and I think I located when the injury took place.

Patrick came down on a fast break with the score tied 23-23 and around 8:55 left in the second quarter. After the Rockets fast break stalls, Patrick has his hand on his midsection and appears to motion to the bench that something is amiss.

Charlotte then comes down and on the replay it can be seen that Patrick is running down the floor on defense with his hand on his left abdominal area. McHale then took a 20 second timeout and I think Patrick was taken out of the game for the remainder of the evening.

I did not see any specific incident which took place before the apparent injury came about. Patrick did take an elbow to the midsection by Ramon Sessions while guarding him on the previous play, but it did not look like it had any real force on it, and not enough to cause an injury.

18. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

OKC fans are rejoicing everywhere.

19. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Don't complain about LOF not interested in the Rockets unless Lin is here playing, we have the same issue with any other player's crazed fans. It is just human nature when their idol is not playing. Just like in golf, when Tiger is not playing, many people don't watch the golf tournament.

20. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

I think some of the "bof's" that are popping up are really just rockets fans that hate LOFs and/or Lin himself.... I mean Bev is very good but I don't see where he would have his own distinct fanbase that wouldn't even be rockets fans... Altho honestly he's a good story in his own right and obv a good player