1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley Injury [Update] Partial torn muscle, out 10-14 days

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Unfortunate injury, but I would rather this happen in game 2 rather than playoffs. We werent going to win every game anyway., so no big deal. Next man up, let's go AB. Find that old magic...

2. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

A Harden back injury of any significance would be... I don't even know the words.

3. eomor131

eomor131 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Patrick Beverley on injury that will keep him out 10-14 days &amp; then B re-assessed:&quot;I don't think it'll B 10 days,probably about 5 to 7 days&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/statuses/396319381648457728">November 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yeah, I know. He talked about himself, Bev and Harden and then said "other guys" were suffering minor injuries too. Just wondering who the others are.

5. RedNickNY

RedNickNY Member

You have to love his optimism. Get this guy some tiger balm and salon pas - stat!

6. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

I go a little bit further. I wouldn't see lin as a "backup" to Beverley. it's not that he doesn't start because he is a worse fit with harden. he doesn't start because the assumption is/was that Beverley doesn't work well with 2nd unit.:grin::grin::grin:

7. Yellow

Yellow Member

For all those that didn't like the re-signing of AB, here's why.

8. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I could liken this to a guy making stuff up that has nothing to do with the current situation.

Beverley's been playing professionally for years. Playing the way he does is what got him to the NBA.

9. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Yes, his playing style lends its self to a great probability of injury. He is always redlining.

10. KlutchQT

Are you truly so petty that you have to do this in a thread about his injury?

11. jackycool

jackycool Member

Too bad for Beverley, get well soon man!

12. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

And both Lin and Beverley are at relatively high risk of injury... Lin from penetrating all the time and Beverley from being slammed to the floor by someone pissed off at his defense making them look bad.

13. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Glad we brought Aaron Brooks back. Caanan at backup PG would be a disaster. He just isn't ready right now.

14. KlutchQT

He needs to have a seat for as long as it takes. The whole reason I love Bev is because of his heart and tenacity, but he strikes me as the kind of person who will want to rush himself back prematurely... hopefully they've got people on board who will keep him from doing that.

15. jedicro

jedicro Member

I used to be of the mindset that player only fans were ok, as long as they root for the rockets. I don't feel that way anymore. I root for Lin and wish him the best whether he starts or is 6th man. But screw you LOFs. Thanks for ruining the GARM you asswipes.

Get better soon Bev

16. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

what are you talking?

the first post I did after knowing he needs to rest at least 10-14 day is to hope he won't be replaced by lin in starting lineup after back. I don't want to see the drama again like lowry got a season ago.

17. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

BREAKING: Dwight Howard jealous of attention garnered at PG position by Rockets fan forum.

18. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Can we start AB? There's no playmaker in the second unit.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Also, get better soon, Patrick Beverley!

20. KlutchQT

LOL. Dwight better be focused on making a fool out of Cuban.