1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley has a torn meniscus (UPDATE: Will not require surgery, expected to return)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by loveofthegame44, Mar 28, 2014.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Ha ha. Every time there is a question of fitness or injury on Clutchfans, a lot of people suddenly have a PhD.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

Marvel's next superhero movie will be about a basketballer with a healing factor

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Who can?

4. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

not so subtle westbrook taunt. ;)

5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Return of Bev!

6. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Thank god Bev is back and we have someone who can go left, not jump with the ball like an idiot and is tough enough to not get punked and embarrassed in every game he plays.

7. beybey

beybey Member

Losing games with or without Bev, it is Lin's fault.

8. dk808

dk808 Member

i still dont see us getting past the spurs or thunder. the clippers will probably beat us too. pretty ****ty how stacked the western conference is

9. i3artow i3aller

10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I feel like running around buck naked. :grin:

11. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Interesting to see how they play him with a torn meniscus.

Lin can take his 15 million and **** off, we don't need him now Canaan is a playoff level pg.

12. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

I'd rather they have an MD.

13. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Sarcasm? Because you learned this from the whole 1-2 games you've seen Canaan play?

I mean, obviously any stretch of games, 20 or more (Linsanity, start of this season, etc.) where Lin does well is too small a sample size, but any where he does poorly (1+) is an accurate sample size.

And 1-2 games for a rookie player is also adequate to determine their playoff readiness level as a PG :rolleyes:

If you ever looked over stats, Lin's always been a very consistent player throughout his career. Too many people had unreasonable expectations of him. I didn't, and he's sorta what I expected. An okay PG with GREAT driving skills who can finish at the rim (or draw the foul) and great court vision, but without the adequate skills to back them up lol, hence a lot of TO issues. A decent help defender who sometimes overcommits on defense, sucks at fighting over screens (though better this year) and lacks the lateral quickness to ever be a truly elite perimeter defender (but that's true of a lot of players). Very fast forward acceleration speed, but odd confidence issues that will cause him to second guess himself before a pass or shot. Iffy jumper that really is average in the nba -- not amazing but not terrible either. Has gotten better over time. Strong work ethic player who doesn't seem to whine or blame others and certainly doesn't deserve the criticism so many on CF throw his way just because he has a somewhat rabid and deluded fan base.

1 person likes this.
  14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Personally when Bev comes back I would slide Canaan into the rotation and use Lin at backup SG as needed. I hope Canaan shows a lot over the next couple weeks.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I hope Canaan starts to shine while Beverley is out.

16. SacTown

SacTown Member

Well some guy in the D&D apparently has a PHD in astrophysics and worked on wall street. Clutchfans is an amazing place.

17. jdhu

jdhu Member

Is the faith in Canaan akin to how a backup QB is a team's most popular player? From what I have seen, Cannan looks interesting, but to put faith in him to play well, in the PLAYOFFS? Come on.

He had several ugly turnovers the other day against LA. Yes, Lin turns the ball over too, but this faith in Canaan is ridiculous.

18. bigben69

bigben69 Member

It is too far into the season for Lin to be hurting us on the court like he does. It has gotten to the point to where I cringe when he is in the game. He has his ups and downs but his downs are lower than anyone else on this team. A starting point guard in the NBA should have more than 2 assists in a game that he is shooting as poorly as he did on Saturday. It is getting very hard to make a case that he is a good nba player....I wish he was. If he would just pass the ball at the right time more instead of driving in with nowhere to go or dribbling down the clock and passing it off with little time to develop a play, then maybe he could be useful. Cannon outplayed him Saturday by far but it is hard to tell with such little NBA play. He has impressed me so far with his decision making.

19. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

Fair observations!

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Not an impossible idea, but McHale didn't implement that plan when Aaron Brooks was around so I highly doubt he would do that with Canaan.

Unless of course, Canaan demonstrates tremendous defensive capabilities, in which case I could definitely see McHale utilizing Canaan more since he would fit the 3 and D mold.