1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley, Eurocup MVP to join our Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Dec 23, 2012.

1. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

“I’m from Chicago and the first match is against the Chicago Bulls. I don’t know if I play.” Beverley said. ”I have to take a physical and stuff like that. I’ll probably play in a week.”

Interesting..

2. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

The Mavericks and Wizzards are getting their replacement/backup PGs from D-league... There is a trend here to get cheap PGs....

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Yes he is.

Apparently he was doing that in the locker room after his abysmal showing the other night; Morey didn't feel the chemistry was right - hence the move.

4. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

This guy is going straight to the D league.

5. peter2012

peter2012 Member

He sounds like he is a starter, rockets is waitting for him to start. :confused:

6. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

they not going to bring someone from euro to go to d league...as his playing on a higher level already

his going to be part of rotation as machoddo is not ready

7. trowa2

trowa2 Member

he plays just like TD o_O

8. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

Sometimes as a result of the excitement, people get the wrong impression about their new role and having to earn PT... maybe that could be the case here? I can think of a few players who were none too happy to discover that their road to NBA PT ran through the D League.

9. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Was not very impressed by his play in the highlights video posted earlier. Anyone can appear active by scattering around with their arms flapping about. That doesn't necessarily equate to good defense. On defense, this guy seems to me to be a shorter, younger, african-american version of Sasha Vujacic. He had that same, exagerrated, movement on defense too. Like I said earlier, it doesn't necessarily make one a good defender.

10. trowa2

trowa2 Member

alright, let the hype begin. who wants to be the first to call him the next best pg?

11. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

Could we have traded Douglas? His value is on the rise and we now have a backup.

12. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Will Beverley/Llull be the best backcourt in the NBA?

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Worse. Machado exhibits zero humility and blasphemes against God's favorite son, I mean Jeremy Lin. :grin:

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Maybe a more athletic TD. Douglas could only dream of that kind of explosion to the rim.

But not as good a defender. Which is not saying much.

15. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Yes he is the anti Christ!

We have the devil playing for rockets in d league.

16. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

and i was just getting to like TD. oh well. this guy is TD with slightly more arm flappage.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Morey is already starting to accumulate assets to trade for that second star.

18. valorita

valorita Member

saw the highlights...
    meh on beverley...
    can we get the other pg?

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah, I was thinking "TD with better tools and less proven". Not a bad thing for a third stringer, perhaps he could step in and fill the exact same role if TD went down.

20. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

more like "buy low, sell high". he treats players like assets, or stocks.

basically, TD is playing his best right now and Morey feels this is his ceiling. TD's poor shooting vs Memphis tells Morey all he wanted to know. and he doesn't see Machado as a backup pg just yet, or ever (if Machado doesn't improve his defense). Pat becomes the backup pg. TD get's packaged with one pf (DMO/PPAT/Morris/Jones/White) and maybe a filler (Aldrich/Cook) for ........