1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley, Eurocup MVP to join our Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Dec 23, 2012.

1. carayip

carayip Member

I don't think Machado is the one getting waived. At least Machado is young and willing to develop in the D League. Don't think this new guy is willing to sign here just to sit on the bench.

2. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

It wouldnt surprise me at all. We are going to ruin T-Jones. I love my Rockets but I wish he stayed at Kentucky one more year so he could go somewhere that would appreciate his talent. Unless Mcfail is going to be repalced.

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

The report says guaranteed 3 years. Which I think may be more correct than our typical Team-Option laden contracts. After all, he is a star in Europe and likely makes decent money. I don't think he'd take one of those hugely team-biased deals. Also, I think Toney Douglas is a more likely casualty than Machado, because I don't see Beverly signing with us just to play in the DLeague.

Of course, I can be totally wrong in judging his value. But at 24 I don't think he wants to start off like a rookie 2nd rounder.

4. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Agreed.

Sincerely,

Carl Landry
    Aaron Brooks
    Patrick Patterson
    Marcus Morris
    Greg Smith

5. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Toney D has been MONEY the last 2-3 weeks. I just have a hard time believing he's a casualty because of this signing.

6. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

This team doesn't play rookies right off the bat but rather develops the rookies in the D-league first. Look at our history, we do pretty well developing young talents (i mean there are countless examples). Just because you randomly think he is the next dhoward doesn't mean its fact. The coaches and GM not only see the players in practice but have paid scouts and talent evaluators look at our players and so for you to think that you know better then them is just dumb.

If this team had a history of wasting young talent then I would understand why you would make such a statement but come on just look at our current team (morris, greg smith, chandler parsons). The rockets are obviously doing something right.

7. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

He'll be a player Mchale would actually play, thanks to his defense/rebounding ability.

8. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

THANK YOU.

God I really can't stand when people complain about the playing time of our rookies. They're not playing because we're playing our players with 1 or 2 years of experience instead. EVERYONE WE PLAY IS YOUNG. All of the guys BimaThug listed ALSO took at least half a year to play.

9. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

either a casualty, or Morey is cooking a trade since Douglas' value is high right now

10. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Is ok with jazzy basketballs. So is nice to ask who is dat?

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Harden about to return to being a 6th man again

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This is a bit confusing to me as the Eurocup is a much lower-level competition than the Euroleague. So being the best player in the Eurocup doesn't necessarily have to mean much. But apparently this guy also has experience at a higher level in Europe. I hope he will do well for the Rockets.

13. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

The roster has 15 players.

Somebody's got to go.

Patrick Beverly plays a lot like former Euro league star Rodrigue Beaubois of the Mavericks, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Goodbye JLin?

15. sew

sew Member

Waive Machado, TD will see more minutes at the 2 spot, Beverely will be used sparingly to back up Lin.

16. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Yawnnnnn

Im not even sure who im supposed to be looking at

17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Never seen him play, but has great stats for a guy that plays defense. Very high efficiency.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I remember reading about Beverley back when we got Courtney Fortson, I think. I thought Beverley was declared inelligible after some kind of academic rules violations while at Arkansas (I could be mistaken). That's when Courtney Fortson stepped in for the Razorbacks, I think.

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

Beaubois didn't play in the Euroleague and he wasn't a star.

20. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

And when has a "report" (which is really not more than a tweet) before any official word came out EVER been less than 100% factually accurate? :p

Beverley is not a guy like Spanoulis or Llull (a European-born player who is a star in his home country). He's an American whose dream is to play in the NBA. I'm guessing that any deal that guarantees him a roster spot for a full (rest of) season--even if it also includes non-guaranteed years--would be fine by him.