1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley, Eurocup MVP to join our Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Dec 23, 2012.

1. ada32

ada32 Member

More important, Les disagrees with you!
    :p:p:p

2. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Lin is a money maker that is all

3. ada32

ada32 Member

When Les witnessed linsanity in Toronto and New York, he called Morey and said, "How came we let this one slip away?"

4. Jmcballer88

Patrick Beverly: Landed safely in Chicago!!! I love my family...... Maybe he will meet with team today

5. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

It must be tough to be a fringe NBA player. Picture yourself in this situation. Coach sends you into one game, you play 4 minutes, score on the only shot you take, dish for a couple of assists, get a steal, feel pretty good about yourself, next thing you know you're cut without ever getting a shot to prove yourself at this level.

6. Good Times

Good Times Member

Playing the other side of the fence, why would Sac do this? If Lin is the key piece to this trade then I'm not seeing how this trade interest them. Why would they add another non supertar pg to play with Thomas, Brooks, Fredette and additionally Salmons and Evans who can also play pg. They would at least want someone of star potential in return or players their team is in need of and at minimum someone that can replace Cousins at center. One of their biggest needs is a sf of size. I can see them asking for Parsons, Smith and Patterson before asking for one of our guards not named Harden.

7. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Nice try. Don't think so...Lin is a big factor in how well Houston is playing now.

8. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Sometimes things happen for a reason.... Look at Jeremy Lin....worst timing last year. Now he is set for life in terms of money.:grin:

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

People who think that the signing of Beverly will lead to or is related to a significant trade should relax. Since when has the in-season signing of an out-of-NBA low priced FA lead to any kind of significant roster moves involving one of the team's better and more expensive players?

If Morey had a biggish trade cooking on the stove and had Beverly targeted to fill a roster spot, he would not have allowed the Beverky news to go public this early to give any hint of such a deal.

It is pretty much 100% certain that this thing involves strictly non-rotation guys. Morey is likely ready to cut Machado for Beverly but is trying to (1) deal Machado to avoid having an $230k cap hit (unless a team picks him off waiver), (2) deal another non-rotation guy (Cook or Aldrich are most likely) or make a 2-for-1 type of trade so he doesn't have to waive anyone (again, to avoid a cap hit). Such a trade likely wont work but it doesn't hurt to try.

10. SirKen

SirKen Member

Wait, why do people want DeMarcus Cousins so much again?! What's with you people and dysfunctional household names?!

Also, TD as the starting PG for 2 years?!

Are you a stats person by any chance? Perhaps, you have never played basketball in an amateur club or anything?

11. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Linn is staying. Linn haters better get used to it. He's here to stay and if he keeps getting better as a distributed and finisher he's going to kick some ass when he has a couple years experience under his belt.

People forget how average Lowry and Dragic were their first couple years. Give Linn time.

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Why would we trade Greg smith for richard Hamilton?

13. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

I hope we're just moving Cook and Aldrich for one player in order to make room for Beverley. I want to hold onto Machado.

14. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

Cook and Aldrich for Wes Johnson then sign Beverley

15. ERC

ERC Member

It's LIN, with just one N. Everyone knows he's Asian, so there's no need to try & Americanize his last name. ;)

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Or (3) wait till Beverly is actually IN the US and has PASSED his physical before cutting Machado and adding Beverly.

I'm thinking the $250k cap hit from Machado won't cause him to blink if he feels Beverly is a significant upgrade.

17. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

What team has given up a 1st round pick for saving only $3 million in luxury tax hit? The contract isn't long term, so why would they give up a draft pick if they aren't getting a prospect in return like Smith? Name me one team that has tried to get out of a basically one year deal with slight luxury tax implications for a 1st round pick and no prospects coming back?

18. Jmcballer88

Lin is the best player this generation has ever see

#318 Jmcballer88, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  19. Jmcballer88

He's in Chicago right now I posted the tweet

20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I would think not a starter, but could see Morey deal a contract that will not be on team next season. Douglas and Delfino would fit that criteria. Delfino would be tough to deal due to lack of wing depth.