1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley, Eurocup MVP to join our Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I'd love for them to package Douglas in a trade. I think it would help Lin's production significantly. Perhaps McHale might then keep him on the floor more in the 4th quarter. Additionally, I've noticed that when they run Douglas and Lin in the game at the same time, Douglas never even looks to pass to Lin.

2. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

I never noticed that before, but I'm hard pressed to think of a highlight that shows an assist from TD to JLin, but lots of great ones going the other way.

3. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Beverley is not proven at the NBA level.

He could be another Rodrigue Beaubois whom the Rockets would not want as the backup to Lin.

4. trowa2

trowa2 Member

i noticed that too. i wouldnt blame him, lin took TD's job in new york and now he also has to be lin's backup pg.

5. arjun

arjun Member

Although I hope this is a signal for a trade....im not sure if it will happen.

Why are you all so certain this will lead to a TD trade?? Maybe we just want a 3rd pg

6. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

TD and Lin have good chemistry. They were teammates on New York. TD was very supportive of Lin during Linsanity.

When Harden was out vs. San Antonio, the backcourt was TD and Lin and Lin scored 38 points.

Think TD is good for Lin.

7. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Someone who can contribute in the playoffs at both ends.

Come to think of it, a second unit backcourt of TD and Beverley doesn't look bad. Interchangeable parts.

8. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

Royce White is just wasting a perfectly good roster spot.

9. dayanm

dayanm Member

The team is having such a good momentem these days, signing a new PG will be disturbing, at least to TD. Morey probably already told players that Machado's wavied. I'll bet good money this new guy is going straight to RGV. And I dont like his ego, I hope he's not seriously thinking he can just start having play time right away.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

I just want to know, why the NBA doesn't add more (inactive) roster spots so teams can hold onto prospects like Machado. There's no real reason not to increase it to 20 or so.

11. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

The NBA is already watered down as it is.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If Machado dies, he dies.

13. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

doubt TD has any personal issues passing to Lin. i did noticed a lot of players don't look to pass it to Lin. same with setting picks. they seem to only set picks for Harden, sometimes 2 guys would run up just to set picks for Harden lol but when Lin waves to them for a pick, only sometimes would he get one. it seems to me to be instructions from the coaching staff. they just don't have any plays for Lin. on the outlet passes, look for Harden first, then other ball handler's. maybe they are just trying to get Harden as comfortable as possible. noticed sometimes Lin would just say screw it and goes off on his own.. sometimes he gets benched, sometimes he explodes, a lot of times he plays with fire in his eyes.

14. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NBA did that when they expanded rosters from 12 to 15.

Man I love ClutchFans. Where else can you get a 10 page discussion on the 15th player, well 15th/16th on a 12 man roster.

15. Lostie

Lostie Member

Lol so true :(

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

???? Wanting a roster increase to allow an NBA team to develop players that no longer develop in college does the opposite of watering NBA down.

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Go figure, thats because when Douglas and Lin are on the floor at the same time Jeremy is the point guard and Douglas is the shooting guard. This makes sense because Douglas is a pretty good spot up shooter but he is no a great passer. I would hope that everyone sees that Jeremy should always be the floor general / point guard when he and TD are on the floor together.

18. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

This exactly.

19. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

NBA change active roster to 13.

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much Machado love.

What did he do to deserve it!?!?