1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverely: "Upmost Disrespect"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheresTheDagger, Dec 27, 2016.

1. photojoe

photojoe Member

2. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

this reminds me of that GSW game where Mark Jackson told his players to keep fouling us and not allow us to break it. Draymond clothesline Parsons one play I believe and Parsons reacted by saying who is he and he's just a bench warmer. Well we all know how Draymond turned out. Hopefully Mejri doesn't turn out to be like that for the MAvs but who are we kidding he sucks lol

3. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

What he said tho?

4. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

""

5. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

deleted

6. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

this guy is trying so hard to stick to his story, dont believe a word of it. Trevor would've whooped his a$$. should just keep quite and carry on.

#146 TMac'n, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  7. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

This is the same dude that tried to trash on Pop after a dunk with his team down 20. Dude is a scrub who is at the end of the bench for a terrible team.

DonKnock likes this.
  8. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

anyone have any videos of the flagrents? ive been looking. missed it.

WILDBALLER likes this.
  9. photojoe

photojoe Member

The worst thing about this for him is this was at the end of the game of the last game of the season's series with the Rockets. A series that the Rockets won all 4 games by an average of almost 12 points a game.

10. photojoe

photojoe Member

Can't say I'm surprised. This is the same guy that is a benchwarmer for a terrible team and talked trash to one of the greatest coaches ever...while his team was losing by 20 points.

steddinotayto likes this.
  11. Milby Buff

Milby Buff Member

I don't even want to see any more mentions from Rockets player's social media about Mavs especially Mejri.

Elephants Don't Swat At Flies On Their Backs.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

FIFY.

napalm06 likes this.
  13. photojoe

photojoe Member

Agreed. I hope the Rockets players don't mention it anymore and move on to the next game. Huge match against the Clippers coming up.

Fans, however, are different. Fans hold grudges. As a Rockets fan, I will hold this against the Mavs and Mark Cuban and anyone that annoyingly says "#MFFL" and Mejri for the rest of his career. Because I'm a biased, diehard Rockets fan. And that's what fans do. Especially when one of my most disliked rival teams is 9-23 and in last place in the Western Conference.

DonKnock and slothy420 like this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

*Upmoist

Rodman23 likes this.
  15. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Dirk and Bogut were never going to play in the second half. Both are coming back from injuries, and the Mavs have been bringing back players with a strict minutes limit, and always playing those minutes in the first half.

Deron looked....really really old. Didn't even get several shots off, and what he did missed badly. No reason to play him anymore. Game was clearly out of hand in the second half, so good opportunity to get young guys minutes...plus they were playing harder anyway.

Was at the game, it was getting chippy before the Arriza incidents. No idea what Carlisle and Arriza were exchanging (was just a few rows off floor, but couldn't hear anything that was said). Neither of the flagrant fouls like that bad live. Bogut has played that way before coming to Dallas...dirty if you're the opposing team, chippy if he's on your team. I don't recall Powell getting a flagrant before.

Couldn't hear what Mejri did or did not say, either, but just looking at Arriza's reaction, I would say he said something bad. Mejri is a fiery guy, and does talk trash, but haven't ever heard of anyone saying he said anything out of bounds before. He and Arriza were exchanging pleasantries earlier...this whole thing seemed to stem from whatever was being said then. I suspect Arriza said some things then that led to the rest (not justifying whatever Mejri did say, just saying this seemed to be an ongoing incident). Something caused Carlisle to say whatever he said. Carlisle can also be a fiery guy, and has engaged with players before....but he should know better than that, unless he was doing it to fire his team up.

Arriza going to the Mavs locker room, with cops in tow...not the brightest idea. A bunch of things could have happened, and most of them would have been bad for him, and therefore the Rockets. This goes whether confronting Mejri was 'justified' or not...it's just not a smart thing to do.

16. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Isn't that just it, though? Why waste effort and cycles on the worst team in the Western Conference? Seems like a good team to call 'Scoreboard', and move on....

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lmao scrub. MDA should have left the starters in and beat those b****es by 60

Cashmoney likes this.
  18. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Glad no one was hurt or suspended but these are grown men in a competitive sport. Who cares if someone makes
    momma jokes??

This whole "Disrespect" thing is really about insecurity if someone can say something and you're so offended by what
    some scrub says that you're putting your team at risk.

Not just African-American players as Zidane got taken out same way in the World Cup finals.

19. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

Yeah that'd the be amount of points we could be upmost by.

rocketfan21 likes this.
  20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You have no idea what was actually said, so I don't see how you can make sweeping statements on the topic. And, for what it's worth, the player that Zidane headbutted admitted that what he said was over the line, and pretty ****ed up.