1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverely: "Upmost Disrespect"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheresTheDagger, Dec 27, 2016.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

upmost is a word, but the definition is different than utmost. Beverley should have used utmost.

2. vator

vator Contributing Member

No not really. Upmost means uppermost and it can be used in a variety of ways including the way he used it.

amaru likes this.
  3. BackdoorHarden

No one use "upmost" anymore.

Total, we use "utmost" or "totally" or "hella" or "mos def"

4. BackdoorHarden

He could have said it in modern english:

Was the utmost disrespect

Was mos def disrespect yo

Was totally dissing me man

Was hella disrespecting me dude

BigMaloe and DudeWah like this.
  5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Disrespect the game and other players, sore losers, cheap shot artists, crybaby floppers (my name is dirk nowitski in flop-anese) , chicken, fake tough guy, fake hustle douchebags.

In one game?

I remember in high school the teams D tackle sat next to me in history. A snake of a person stole his wallet out of his back pack, wouldn't give it back while we all sat waiting for it to be returned (hi, did you think a DT couldn't block a door?)...slid it across the floor because he was too chicken to give it back, dropped a flagrant n bomb on him for rightfully accusing him of stealing...CHALLENGED the guy to a fight after school, which basically the whole school showed up for because we wanted to see the justice...and then ran when he saw his fate looming. That's what this game reminded me of. That snake in the grass kid who wouldn't take the ass kicking he requested.

Htownballer38 and Pen15clubber like this.
  6. plee

plee Member

It was implied by the Bill and Bull that Dallas was playing a bit rougher than normal. Apparently, trash talking up another level as well...

Htownballer38, Stormy1234 and amaru like this.
  7. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I can imagine what he might have said about his wife but what did he say about his kids?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

How about just "Up yours!"

9. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

pic from the tech called on October 30th game[​IMG]

10. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

The mavs were mad by the end of second quarter since they were being blown out and swept by the Rockets, that's why the trash talking started to heat up and it got worse in the third when it clearly looked like blowing the **** out of them. That's why Carlisle didn't play Dirk and bogut at all in the second half and stuck with mathew and Deron along with the bench.

Htownballer38 and topfive like this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

In Eric Gordon's quick post-game interview, he was throwing some heat at the Mavs.
    It's been long enough that I don't remember his exact words, but it was something like "they can't win so they're trying to talk their way into a win and that's not how it works." I laughed - he's usually pretty low-key so it seemed out of character. This explains it.

12. BackdoorHarden

From ESPN.COM

"
    Tim MacMahon ESPN Staff Writer
    [​IMG]
    James Harden after the Rockets routed the Mavs: "That other team was trippin' tonight, just upmost disrespectful, unprofessional, players and coaches. I don't know what was their problem, but I think that got us going. They wanted to throw a little cheap shot and just woke us up a little bit and it was over from there.

13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

He was on point though. It wasn't even basketball anymore. It was the refs managing Mavs hurt feelings.

Tell me the refs wouldn't have ended that game after 3 quarters if they could. Hell, I'm honestly surprised they honored carlisles timeouts at the end.

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Interesting that Bev went off on Carlisle and James called their coaches unprofessional. The player stuff you kinda expect, but I'd love to know what happened w/ the coaching staff.

15. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Lol harden is a savage

DonKnock and Stormy1234 like this.
  16. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Harden and Bev were with Ariza at the locker room and I read EG was too

DonKnock and Stormy1234 like this.
  17. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

18. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Anyone else find this hilarious? Bullard cussing and tryna act a little hard makes me laugh

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

If Harden said this, the league office can take to the bank. Dude is like one of the coolest players that I have ever seen, given the level of pushing and shoving he absorbs.

20. ribbit

ribbit Member

Mejri Christmas, you filthy animal.

Deuce, Pipe, basso and 11 others like this.