1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Pathetic] Pray for Victor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, Feb 20, 2023.

1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

2. a time to chill

3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Actually, yes.

4. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Whomever is in charge of LOCKING threads around here must be an atheist, because I made a thread about "Praying for Victor" on yesterday and they locked it. Lol

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/pray-for-wemby-thats-it.318798/

The point I was making was, if we don't get Wemby, then what?? It's as if Tilman nor anyone else in the organization has a Plan B!

However, it's been a hot topic on the Airways today and it needs to be discussed.

Rolliepollie, DaDakota and hakeem94 like this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

6. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Yeah, he is a joke. I blame him for firing Mike D'Antoni and let Morey go because he wanted to save money. That's why Harden left and core pieces broke up.

Look at us now, we were last in the standings for 3 straight years. Pathetic owner. I don't have trust in him.

I miss Les Alexander.

smoothie and ClutchCity3 like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

dont blame him! yall rooted for tank and got what you deserved

ah and thats the thing that changed in the last 2-3 years...
    @Roomba

before you were all pretty normal fans who wanted their team to win games and do well

but yall become such a lovers of losing, enablers and apologists for bad GM, bad coaches, bad players, bad culture and bad basketball!

hlmbasketball likes this.
  8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I always said, losing begets LOSING. It took Sac 20yrs, I don't want any parts of that.

albuster, saleem and RocketsDraftTV like this.
  9. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

The only issue is that the kings have done the EXACT opposition of tanking for 20 years……

no team has been more shortsighted about trying to win immediately then the kings

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Basketball gods aren't going to let Tilman get Vic.

Nor should they.

Dude is a f*cking joke and this franchise is in the early days of hell that that family is going to bring. Can't believe people still don't see that.

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Guys we are 87% of the way through this rebuild plan with only 30-40 games remaining. If the culture is as bad as you say, then you might as well wait till the summer to fix it. Stop whining about something that's already practically over. Start talking about how you're going to rebuild the culture in the summer after 3 years of last place finishes.

We're going to finish last and either we will or won't get a great player. Stop whining about it, right or wrong what's done is done.

12. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t see a lot of people being Silas apologists. Or loving losing. I do see a some “player apologists” though, I admit.

To be frank, I think your writing skews towards the hyperbolic more often than not. And why am I tagged in this? My original comment that I made a ?month? ago was that your posting style had changed, and in my opinion not for the better.

I’d prefer if we could have conversations about basketball like before instead of you posting your own tweets a million times and/or trolling people by saying how Sengun can be better than Harden, or like Larry Bird, or whatever other crazy stuff that you clearly don’t believe. And I am not a fan of the Paul Silas comments, even if I am eagerly waiting the day we get rid of Stephen.

I’m not trying to tell you what to do because I hate it when people try to tell me what to do, so you do you

whozee likes this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Are we praying for Victor because he might have to join Tilman Fertitta's franchise?

What did we get? Tilman joined the team and very directly caused the tank... did you miss the thousand threads hating Tilman for a few years? I'm aware that logic is poison to you but you're getting more senile by the day. If this place was a peaceful meadow you'd be the person playing a loud boombox that exactly no one wants to hear.

#13 napalm06, Feb 20, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
    Little Bit likes this.
  14. PeppermintCandy

I believe D'Antoni left of his own accord at the end of his contract, before negotiations for another contract could begin.

Morey also left for the Sixers on his own volition. He also got paid the full amount of his remaining contract despite quitting. That was the (sweet) conditional agreement set up for him and another executive during the ownership change, according to reports.

I'm definitely no fan of Fertitta, but he didn't really fire them.

fattz, Verbal Christ and jdhi like this.
  15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Do you really want to talk about how to rebuild the culture or is that just something you're saying?

Mathloom likes this.
  16. napalm06

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/20...ected-to-tilman-fertitta-focusing-on-his-age/
    https://clutchpoints.com/rockets-news-how-it-went-wrong-for-mike-dantoni-with-houston
    Technically he did not fire Mike, but he virtually did, and worse he tried to use public mis-statements about D'Antoni as negotiating leverage. Scum tactics.

17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

..... "I am leaving the franchise because I need to spend more time with family"

*fast forward 72 hours "The 76ers are pleased to introduce Darryl Morey"

Bro.... Morey 100% left because of Tilman.

The guy literally told him his son would be coming into the war room and begin making decisions LMFAO

18. napalm06

Oh great and honorable Fertitta, the unwashed masses are yours to lead. How quickly they forget, how quickly they forget.

Fertitta, we pray to you that a draft selection can fix 5 years of wilfully ignorant and destructive moves for the franchise under your leadership. Amen.

*ps to be fair I think Morey's 76ers announcement was like 14 days after "I want to have family time", but the point definitely stands.
    And while we're at it let's not forget this very directly related incident:

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/20...tta-tells-final-hours-of-paul-westbrook-deal/
    But wait, there's more:

#18 napalm06, Feb 20, 2023
    YOLO and topfive like this.
  19. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Pray for Rockets walking outta this deep dark era ASAP

No more PR guys from stone industrial complex, no more tilmanOnlyfanz, ppl gotta face the music. I'm praying…

#19 DeBeards, Feb 20, 2023
    napalm06 likes this.
  20. PeppermintCandy

Thanks for the links. I guess I misremembered some of the details about the negotiations. And I don't remember reading about Fertitta's age comments, which is definitely a s**tty thing to say.

But disrespect aside, in the end, D'Antoni did get offered a one-year extension. He wanted several more years and (rightfully) felt disrespected, so he walked. It feels kind of like a veteran player at the end of the year wanting to play three more seasons, but the team only willing to offer one more. It happens.

Again, I'm not arguing for Fertitta or his actions.

napalm06 likes this.