1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PatBevPod: Pat Bev “Very high chance me and Harden go back to Houston”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 23, 2023.

1. conquistador#11

Situation is getting crazy.

2. AXG

AXG Member

CP3, Bev, Harden, D. Brooks, and Lopez all to Houston on league minimum deals? Do it, Stoney!

3. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Getting the gang together for one last ride.

4. riko

riko Member

Iko said Paul is literally last in the pecking order

Harden is the first choice but if he goes to Phoenix or stays in Philadelphia the second option is Mike Conley and if that fails then it’s the Paul’s or the Jordan Clarkson types

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Okay. Pat Bev is one of my all time favorite rockets. I would welcome him back. And he can teach our young guys how to play defense and scrap every second they are on the court. Great veteran add.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If they sign Harden and Bev to help the young guards grow, I hope they also sign Hakeem to help the big men grow. Why not, we have a ton of cap money, right?

bmelo likes this.
  7. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

MAN ! Please you just be related to Nostradamus or something and predicting this ! Lol we can dream of this ideal situation !

mattlivin05 likes this.
  8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Beverley is looking washed and talks way too much trash to superstars for a limited minutes roleplayer who is barely hanging onto a starting job at this point in his career. Do not want

Little Bit, Imanimal and theDude like this.
  9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Ok, I can see Beverly joining the Rockets for Leadership and Defense BUT Harden??

Guys, think about it. Harden and Udoka will NOT mix! Everything Harden is about, Udoka is against; one man controlling the ball, perimeter defense, and structure.... NONE OF THAT IS JAMES HARDEN!

10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Ok, I can see Beverly joining the Rockets for Leadership and Defense BUT Harden??

Guys, think about it. Harden and Udoka will NOT mix! Everything Harden is about, Udoka is against; one man controlling the ball, perimeter defense, and structure.... NONE OF THAT IS JAMES HARDEN!

11. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Lakers were not good with him on the team. When they replaced him with D’Angelo Russell, it completely turned their season around. Beverly is garbage.

I get that the Rockets want to add some vets and start putting in place a winning culture, but those vets don’t have to be washed geriatrics. Guys come into the league at 19. You can have 7-year vet that’s 26. Get guys that still have a chance to grow with the rest of the team and you have the option of offering a second contract to. These guys on the decline are not exciting me at all. As a fan it’s rather off-putting and dampens my excitement for the coming season.

12. cml750

cml750 Member

Bev (or CP3's) true value is not on the floor but on the bench.

13. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

This has become a joke

Os Trigonum likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

IMO it always was.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  15. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Yup! We're wayyyyy worse!

16. bmelo

bmelo Member

i am pretty sure board reads this and they thought they do it for the fans.... NOT. Especially after Harden confirmed being a looser. What he gonna do for young guys? take a ball away from them? That's why Silas didn't run sets for them because he knew Harden will come back so there is no point in developing Sengun since he is not compatible with Harden? I don't care about Harden rn, it's past-tense. was good while it lasted but time to move on

17. TimDuncanDonaut

Bev's last couple contracts was in the $8.9 - $13 million per year range. His spurt with the Bulls (2nd half of last season) was surprisingly decent, despite very visible decline before that.

If he comes; would eat up a roster spot, but $9 mil or under could be reasonable.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Since is sitting on the bench when PatBev is playing, he good.

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Depending on the contract, I would welcome him with open arms!! He might not be the player he once was, but the dawg in a person doesn't just go away!! He could definitely help Udoka with transforming the culture on this team!!

I personally LOVE that players are saying that they would like to come to Houston and play for the Rockets!! We've been treated like we had COVID/HERPES/EBOLA the last couple of years and this is starting to look like a great NBA destination once again!! Regardless of WIMPY WEMBY's lotto night reaction!!!

Go Rockets!!!

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bev : Let's see them pay checks.