1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Pat Knight Fire At Texas Tech.

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Marteen, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Marteen

Marteen Member

Link to source

Knight will coach the Red Raiders at this week's Big 12 tournament and then will step down, school spokesman Blayne Beal said Monday.

Knight is in his third year as head coach. He took over the program from his famous father, Bob Knight, midseason in February 2008.

"I felt like it was time to make a change within our men's basketball program," Texas Tech president Guy Bailey said in a statement. "I appreciate everything Pat has done for our university, not only as a head coach, but also throughout his career as an assistant. I wish him success and the best moving forward."

Texas Tech completed its regular season at 13-18 and 5-11 in the Big 12.

2. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

It's about time.

There's no reason that Tech shouldn't have a contending squad year in and year out.

Pat should have taken a different career path. I wonder what Bob thinks about the situation -- he's a very frank, intelligent individual, and a true legend in the business... I'd like to hear him assess Pat's tenure at Tech.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Not surprising in the least. He's done nothing there but have the team regress since taking over.

4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Thank God. Pat Knight was a terrible coach that his dad forced onto us. Hoping we land Gillispie -- he'll be fired in three-four years for recruiting violations, but hopefully in the meantime we'd actually have a good basketball team.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member