1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Beverley "the Leader"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Apr 2, 2016.

1. csc177

csc177 Member

2. amaru

amaru Member

Good article.

3. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

un-der-rat-ed! if rockets can get a competent pg to split minutes with bev so he can play his natural role, clutchfans gonna be all over him. same thing with ariza.

5. ibm

ibm Member

bev's ideal role is a backup pg with significant minutes, imo. so i agree with you there.

but for ariza, i think he's a competent and first class 3 in the league. always has been.

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Pat Bev might be finally getting his game together. He's got great awareness and knocking down open threes, driving the lanes, getting rebounds, steals etc.. He's solid. Just don't know how long his bone on bone knees will sustain this play.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"It's up to us to make noise when it's time to make noise in the playoffs."

gotta make it there first. :rolleyes:

8. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

i think that used to be true, but Bev has been playing so well the last couple months that I think he's turned a corner. he's been getting more assists, helping run the offense more than he used to, and contributing off the ball with his shot. at this point, i don't know what else you'd want from a PG next to Jim Hard. Patrick is one of the few things that isn't wrong with this roster.

9. RESINator

RESINator Member

Typical dwert howard

10. ibm

ibm Member

all that you said is true and i totally agree.

i said bev's "ideal" role would be such and such. ofc "ideal" happens far less than how we want it to...

11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

ariza does way too much for this team to avg 35-40mpg. its a miracle he can make any shot in clutch time. definitely starter caliber player but not with heavy minutes. low 30s, high 20s is perfect.

12. hakeemthagreat

Man I love Bev. If everybody competed with the same passion & aggression Bev does every night, we'd be a top 5 team. He rebounds, defends & hit's his 3's at a high level. Him & Trevor are the only guys that leave it all on the court regardless of who the opponent is

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

Sounds to me like his teammates are a bunch of pansies. Beverley probably uses a lot of cuss words and stuff and I think these guys should be able to take it whenever. Taking Dwight to the side so his feelings do not get hurt, come on now. He calls out guys all the time on the court when they've made a mistake. Beverley is my #1 guy on the team and I hope he gets teammates next year who follow his lead. Right now we have nobody ready to go like he does. He has tried to create a culture of hard working fighters, but they are not the type. The Clutch City Rockets had it though, everybody was ready to get dirty.

14. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Career best 22points and 10 assists this season!

15. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Should be 32 JB benched him and Ariza for too long, let bulls back in the game. After the first time out, JB still refuse to put pat and Ariza back , he just love the terry & brewer combo. **** I still can't get over last game

16. conquistador#11

i would love it if this article was about James Harden.