1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Beverley illness?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RESINator, Nov 5, 2015.

1. RESINator

RESINator Member

He was playing pretty bad offensively tonight. Did he catch the flu or something? Don't know why he would decide to play if he is sick.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The Harden flu. Hangover

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Didn't somebody say they announced he got hit in the head and not cleared to return?

1 person likes this.
  4. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

yep... i heard them mention it also.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Didnt catch that. Hope he gets better

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Beverley ruled out tomorrow with a concussion.

Did anyone notice in the first half when this may have happened:confused:

7. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Hahaha nope. Me and BigggReddd were sitting four rows up and we didn't even notice. Amazing game.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Respect to the Wolverine. I love it when he gets going. Get well soon Bev. You are the heart of our team.

9. OpenLayup-Why3?

I watched alone on computer and didn't notice either.

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

He's out for tonight, tomorrow probably same thing. Damnit..

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

bev and jones......again....and again.....some players are just injury prone......bev's $6M/yr contract is looking worse everyday.

12. MistaK

MistaK Member

It is a concussion - it happens, nothing you can do about it. He's probably fine just not cleared to play by the league. It's not like he is going to miss significant time because of it.

6M is a great deal for Bev and it will look even better when the cap increases.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

things like this keep happening in part because he plays out of control, both literally as well as mentally -- watch him rabidly/unnecessarily foul the opposing team's PG in the backcourt while bringing the ball upcourt basically every game

his defense has regressed quite a bit, even backup PG's blow right by him into the paint with ease now. the offense comes to a stagnant halt when he dribbles around with nowhere to go and even the rockets commentators had to complain in disgust last game about his inability to finish at the basket (particularly in transition)

14. hakeemthagreat

How exactly? I hear this alot here, but never anything to back it up. I thought he played Westbrook as well as you can against OKC. Teams are rubbing Bev off screens forcing a switch and causing mismatches. So when you look at the boxscore and see the other PG had a good game, how many of those points were actually scored with Bev guarding them?

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You have to take the good with the bad.

If Beverley did not play like the way he plays, he would not be where he is today.

When he is on, he fires the team up and can really disrupt the other team. He needs to play in that way to do that.

When he is off, he should be on the bench.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he'd be better off picking his spots and using his head on D, instead of reaching and grabbing nonstop -- there is no element of surprise in that and the refs are just more inclined to whistle him up. the bev of a year ago was a great asset on this team. but over the past 12 months he's looked for his shot more and opposing teams have wised up to his tactics on D. far more often now instead of him getting into opposing PG's heads, he looks like the one reacting and out of sync..

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That's what I thought the instant they said it. This has to be a concussion. People frequently throw up and/or get woozy when it happens. Be safe, Pat!

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i mentioned that's not moving his feet and staying in front of his man like he used to. against westbrook i'm not going complain b/c westbrook is fricking westbrook. but that being said, westbrook was having an average ho-hum game in the first half until bev started hounding him and trash talking in the backcourt -- that riled westbrook up who then immediately went on a mini scoring/assisting barage. like i said in the previous post, bev can still be intense on the court but he needs to focus on plays and less theatrics. case in point, he made a big 3 near the end of that same game......and shortly thereafter a bonehead turnover thinking he can dribble thru defenders that almost cost us the game.

19. Panda23

Panda23 Member

pfft glass jaw lets get Chavez Sr to run the point

20. hakeemthagreat

Yea I just think the criticism of Bev here is somewhat unfair. Every time Bev doesn't completely shutdown a player its "hes clearly lost a step". Like if Bev lets his man score one point, he's automatically been stripped of all defensive praise people have given him lol. That's a little ridiculous