1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Bev trash talking Parsons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HouStu_Rocket, Jan 29, 2015.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he can back it up some nites. but ya on this particular nite, when he was getting abused by monta on one end and couldn't hit the ocean on the other, he really had no business opening his mouth.

2. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

What freaking planet are you on... Is Bev the greatest offensive pg.. NO...

But what he has in common with Gary and Vernon is they all will get in your face and play defense... Does he get burned sometime? Yes he does all defenders do.. All the announcers have one thing in common when they talk about Bev, he's a pure pest on defense that just get's in your head and on your nerves... They use to say the same thing about Gary and Vernon....

T_Man

3. Progs

Progs Member

Bev has been awful recently. He needs to leave the trash talk for when his is hitting the 3 consistently and stopping players from Scoring. Ellis torched him all night long.

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Gary Payton is laughing his ass out while reading this thread.

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Thank you for posting that! That showed class on BOTH parts! You try and knock each others teeth out during the game and go out to eat dinner with the teeth you have left after the game! BTW, I don't see anything wrong with what Bev did, he was the energy guy AND our mini-enforcer! That includes beating your opponent physically (not fighting) and mentally! Kudos to Bev for NOT backing down!

What's with pretty-boy Parsons holding the ball in a fetal position?..:rolleyes:

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

you believe gary payton visits clutchfans :confused:

7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Wait till you see the pics with Harden and Parsons went to the clubs after the game.

8. Cranberry_Juice

Yah but Gary and Vernon had a semblance of an offense. If you want to make your point use different players. Maybe then I might be on the same "planet" as you.

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Might also want to use the same NBA. The Gloves NBA is way different than today's NBA. Also comparing a role player to a HOF, not a good way to win a debate.

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

For those people dislike whatever Bev was doing on the floor,

hey I got news for you.

Go and make yourself a Lakers fan and enjoy Lin as your PG.

He never trash talk to his opponents and he even won't complain after his coach demoted him for a career scrub starting over hime and only post bible tweets when he will be so upset.

Or,

just go find a forking wall to hug.

11. Cranberry_Juice

Man you sound like a LOF. Are you so irrational for your man love for Bev, that you can't take anyone criticizing his game?

12. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

Parsons is like half a foot taller than Bev. I doubt Bev would win in a fist fight.

13. hakeemthagreat

"How dare Bev talk trash, Dragic would do never such a thing"

Lmao. Dragic fans swarming in here just to spew more negative comments about the guy thats "holding us back" from getting Dragic. FYI, There is absolutely nothing wrong with Bev talking trash. Parsons is a punk. Talking trash is part of basketball. I find it entertaining and think we need MORE trash talkers

14. hakeemthagreat

Ellis was coming off screens the whole night. We chose to have Bev fight over screens and chase Ellis all night. That was the strategy. Ellis hit most those jumpers with hands in his face. Good defense, better offense.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i saw ellis drive right by bev into the paint without any screens on numerous possessions

16. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Yeah...I did not notice that much smack talking while watching the game. That was definitely a bit excessive.

17. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

like dwight looking regressed in his play to his injury, i think bev is also be cautious this year as well and on top of that, he's in a shooting slump. i think he'll get his shot back soon and i think he's saving his defensive intensity for the playoffs.

glad to have him on our team; truly the heart and brings effort. i think they are key pieces to a championship team.

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I LOVE that he did that. Anyone who has a problem with what Bev did is certifiably soft. You need guys like Bev that won't take **** from anybody. If Parsons is going to have a big mouth after leaving here, he better be able to take it as well.

That's what he gets for "feeling offended" by the Rockets. I bet he wasn't too offended when they went after Rondo

19. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Pretty sure this moment was only showed on the Mavs broadcast, hence why so many missed it.

20. Asian Sensation

That guy in the Sonics jersey actually IS A HOFer and one of the best PG's of all time. Terrorized us for over a decade and you're going to bring him up in a Bev thread? lol.

Mad Max was one of the fiercest defenders of all time, legit crazy to boot (not a front) and actually had skills.