1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Bev is dead to me

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tehG l i d e, Jan 16, 2018.

1. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Rubio's a sub-30% 3-pt shooter.

roslolian likes this.
  2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so take out rubio.

so you admit pbev was a good fit ONLY because we have no choice right? so which starting nba pgs do you actually choose pbev over as far as the rockets last year is concerned?

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

hes a good fit bc he did everything you needed next to harden. plays very good defense and became a very good 3 pt shooter. his intangibles were very much valuable. not to mention he eventually out performed his contract

as far as fit next to harden, id rather have pbev over these "starting pgs" reggie jackson, bledsoe, rubio, schoeder, teague, jrue, it

roslolian likes this.
  4. hakeemthagreat

You just made a random list of players with no explanation on why they're a better fit than Bev. For the record, this list is trash. Ricky Rubio??? Lmao. You clearly didn't put much thought into this lol

5. vlaurelio

you're saying if given a chance and contract's the same morey/mda last year won't trade pbev for jackson, bledsoe, schoeder, teague, jrue, it? LOL

6. vlaurelio

take out rubio

all those given a chance and same contract morey/mda will trade pbev for them last year to make the rockets better

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

did you read my post. none of that applies to what you just said. you asked me a question and i answered it

what exactly are you LOL about. i mean what you're trying to say isn't even based on anything but you're own agenda and assumption. even then there isn't much thought. hey lets just list all the starting pgs in the nba and just LOL that morey would rather have them over PB.....

8. vlaurelio

you know Kyrie was traded for IT right? IT instead of pbev doesn't make the rockets better? LOL

IT, bledsoe, schoeder, teague, jrue, jackson
    harden
    ariza
    ryno
    capela
    ego
    lou
    nene

>

pbev
    harden
    ariza
    ryno
    capela
    ego
    lou
    nene

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

knowing what the cavs know now, I bet they completely regret it and what we know now I dont want any part of IT. again you asked a question and i answered it. you;re still LOL as if your opinion is just on point. news flash its not

putting IT next to harden as far as fit is a terrible idea. hes currently next to one of the best in the game and looks terrible and clev defense is probably one of the worst in the league. Could it be fit? oh it just might be bc last year boston was still one of the best defensive teams with IT.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

PBev was great for the Rockets because he fit a niche: he was a combo defensive player who can hit open 3 pt shots with an aggressive pitbull mentality. The only issue with Bev was health, his body can't handle his style of play.

There are lots of more talented players than Beverly but since we have Harden why do we need another player who can't defend and consistently hit 3 pt shots? The reason why Paul is a grest fit with Harden is because he is a superstar version of Beverly, if the Rockets had somebody like Curry or Isiah Thomas or Irving then the fit with Harden wouldn't be as good.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

I expect Bev to ride or die for his new team...he didn’t even want to be here anymore

we’ve got Chris Paul now...Bev is old news

I barely ever think about him, nor am I really rooting for him now...have fun in LA

12. hakeemthagreat

Not really true. Maybe on NBA 2K. But in real life, no. Most the superstars you can make a argument for. But guys like Holiday, IT, Dragic, George Hill, Shroeder or Reggie Jackson are all highly questionable. You can make a argument these players are more talented than Bev. But anybody who follows team chemistry knows the Rockets needed a defensive minded, 40% 3pt shooter next to Harden. Bev's probably THE best on the ball defender in the NBA, and hit's his 3's at a very high clip. That eliminates almost 85% of the guys on that list that aren't superstars. Beverley's toughness & defense took pressure off Harden

roslolian likes this.
  13. vlaurelio

you honestly think last year's team won't be any better if we had curry instead of pbev?

you'd rather have pbev than the mvp? rockets will have 2 top 2 players

steph & harden are so great offensively that they won't focus too much on offense and play more defense.. 48 minutes of an elite scoring playmaker..

the only reason why pbev was good on D was because he didn't have any offense

14. vlaurelio

I would say at least hill, dragic, and schoeder are 2-way players

so Morey/MDA will pass up on IT who was traded for Kyrie? LOL

all players can focus and exert effort on defense if they were playing with an offensive GOAT

same with harden he's playing better defense because of cp3

the only reason why pbev was good on defense was because he focused and exterted all his energy on defense since he was almost zero on offense.. no play making no ball handling whatso ever..

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

you keep bringing up IT for Kyrie as if he was the only piece that went.

if we go with this logic like how you're posting then PB was traded for CP3 "LOL"

16. vlaurelio

maybe because he came back from injury this year?

1st & 9th in win shares, 2nd & 16th in BPM, 2nd & 15th in VORP.. in 1 team.. who wouldn pass up on that

LOL act like pbev had anything to do with 55 wins last year

17. vlaurelio

really? last years IT vs last years Pbev? LOL

IT was the main piece of the trade. 50pt Lou was the main piece of that trade.

BEv will be coming off the bench with the clips even if he was healthy.

18. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I bet the Cavs wish they had someone like a healthy Bev over IT right now. Aren't they willing to trade for George Hill because IT is so miserable on defense?

You can’t just list a bunch of players that have more individual talent than Bev and assume they’ll make us better. We all thought Lawson would blow Bev away in his sleep and ended up being terrible. Fit matters more than talent in most cases. I bet you wouldn’t have any qualms about saying Steve Francis would make us better than Bev too.

You also can’t just take salary out of the equation. The salary cap is a real consideration. Bev was dirt cheap, which allowed us to sign guys like Gordon. Lots of SFs would make us better than Ariza does, but they also cost significantly more. Otto Porter would be an upgrade, but is he worth $22M/yr? I really don’t think so. Most of us loved Dragic and realize he’s a better player than Bev. Everyone wanted him back, but once we signed that $96M contract with Miami most of us dropped that fantasy really quick.

YOLO likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

he has looked atrocious and so has the team. for someone who initially claimed there was nothing wrong and who has been rehabbing for close to a year, its definitely a red flag

oh PB had nothing to do with the 55 wins last year. gtfoh with that. probably one of the dumbest things ive seen you post

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

id say the nets pick is about to be considered the main piece of the trade once Cleveland falls part when lebron leaves