1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Bev Injury Watch [strained hamstring]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crimmy88, Oct 29, 2014.

1. solo241

solo241 Member

I know the thread has really evolved more into who should step up and who we should possibly sign, but I want to take just a moment to talk about Pat himself.

Obviously I don't post much but Pat has really endeared himself to me over the last few years. His tenacity on the court and his loyalty to his teammates is infectious and second to none. We talk all the time about having the junk yard dog and his worth as that dog cannot be under-estimated. He's always the first to help a teammate up, stand up for a teammate, and generally instill a certain "fear" in the opponent.

Having someone like Pat on your team is a necessity in my opinion. Think about how much more formidable we were in the late 2000's with Ron-ron and the chuck wagon. What about Cato in 90's? These are the players that keep a fire and a passion lit under his teammates.

I just don't want us to lose site of the value Pat brings regardless of his offensive deficiencies. I hope he recovers quickly and can rejoin our "fast" start to the season.

That's all.

2 people like this.
  2. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you had me until "Cato."

but nice post, and i agree.

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Thanks Obama!

4. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

I hope that P Beverley is ok, but do wonder with the Thunder not signing R Jackson for the rest of season. Could we get him and at what price he could be a really good fit on this team.

5. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

man, im hoping morey has a solid package set to trade for rondo

6. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Hoping to dupe the Thunder once more? Would be nice

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I suspect that the team will be OK with Terry there for a while. Big defensive downgrade but he is a still a good shooter and knows what he's doing out there. I just worry about Terry getting injured himself if playing too many minutes at age 37. Kind of like how Mutombo was when Yao got injured. He'd average 25-30 mpg for a couple dozen games and we'd hear about him suffering from some sort of knee/ankle/whatever ailment. Terry has looked fine so far, but Father Time is undefeated.

8. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

Could be a blessing in disguise in the long run. Canaan needs minutes.

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

No update today probably isn't the best move.

Sucks that we already have an injury to a starter just two games in.

10. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

The life and times of a Rockets fan.

11. NotChandlerParsons

I think he's going to be a bit out of our price range, even though the Thunder are cheap as **** and will most likely let him walk.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's gonna cost us an arm and a leg.

13. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Rondo was 3 rebounds away from a triple double the other night and he's going to be expensive. LOL. If I was Morey he would be my target, lets all hope the Pelicans go on a huge losing streak soon.

14. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

See OKC and then complain.......

15. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Before this morphs into a "Random Rondo Trade Scenarios" hi-jack thread, I wanted to know if anyone heard anything on Bev's recovery status / severity of the strain?

Yesterday I heard Matt Thomas on Sports790 lay it on heavy for everyone to cool out and that it's no big deal and Pat would be fine. But I haven't seen anything he would be basing that off of?

Any word?

16. J Hard

J Hard Member

I know right? Because Bush was so much better :cool:

Take your political bs elsewhere.

17. Houston79Astro

I think you missed the joke.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hate to break it but there is only Stevie Grandpa Zombie left

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

and any other team fans. It's a normal thing with NBA for the past few seasons and it seems to be the case into the future. GM should be planning injury as a norm when considering players. Some decent depth and player that can play multiple position is very nice to have and actually, probably a must.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yep.

And since it ain't my arm and ain't my leg....pay them, Daryl.

If any move goes down, either for a better PF or a better PG, I hope we upgrade defensively at the other spot. This is the Western Conference and we have Dirk, Zach, Blake, Timmy, Unibrow all lurking in the weeds.