1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Bev Injury Watch [strained hamstring]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crimmy88, Oct 29, 2014.

1. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

I was a competitive gymnast for 14 years. I've strained my hamstrings more than I can count.

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Can we trade for Brooks yet?

3. Solaris

Solaris Member

AB doing really well with the Bulls right now. Doubt he would want to come back.

4. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Don't rush back. We're playing Boston tonight, let's test Canaan . Save PBev till the Spurs game and let him heal fully

5. vator

vator Contributing Member

Saw J.R. posted this in game thread.

6. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Exactly, I get that Beverley's a warrior but team doctors need to protect him from himself!

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Out tonight.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>.<a href="https://twitter.com/patbev21">@patbev21</a> (hamstring) will not play tonight against Boston.</p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/528668373685514240">November 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Good!

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

This is good! We need to take a hard look at Canaan. If nothing else, he should give H&H space to work.

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Wise move. Bev is too important.

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Beverley seems to have weakened his knee permanently by coming back too soon from that meniscus issue. Now he has hamstring issues, which is predictable when you put too much pressure after a knee injury.

I hope he is not one of those morons who places more emphasis on going to work every day than his long term health and hence productivity. They need to keep him out for a while and let this injury heal up otherwise it will plague him all year.

They also should be watching his minutes. We need to give Canaan more minutes and deal with the circumstances because we (a) Bev should not be playing heavy minutes at least for now and (b) we need Canaan to be a capable rotation player ASAP.

12. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Woah woah woah, we don't even know if his strained hammy is on the same leg as his meniscus tear. Come on now.

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This X10.

McHale needs to give pt to both Canaan and Daniels, if for nothing else, to give them some experience. How does Daniels goes to an important player in a playoffs series to getting to pt is a mystery to me.

14. 34to11

34to11 Member

What you wrote is a mystery to me. :confused:

15. Jay713

Jay713 Member

His buzz hit him there at the end. Obvious.

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Sorry...

I meant to say that Daniels should be getting some playing time during the regular season. After all, he was an important player for us during last season's playoffs.

17. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Why....

Yeah he can shoot, but he has to earn playing time... He has to put some work in first.... Lin had a nice stretch with the knicks, but that doesn't mean he should be a starter...

T_Man

18. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Beverley tore the meniscus in his right knee last season. The hamstring injury that he suffered in the Utah game was to his left leg.

19. delishman

delishman Member

Haha.. this is a hoot.

"We draw injury conclusions too easily" - (In the tone of Chan's RUN DMC)

20. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

We need him in order to go 82-0