1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Passport Help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ziggy, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What's the deal with the 3rd party agency I can just pay? I'd rather just pay someone else to do everything. I wish the folks on the phone would just let me know more information. "It's processing" is BS.

2. TL

TL Contributing Member

There are 2 ways to expedite with paid non-governmental services. One si by mail, and I think it gets back to you within a week or two. The other is they help you set up an appointment at the passport office, but they don't really do much else.

You are better off calling the passport office yourself, setting up an appointment and going in. Have all your docs, including your flight information. If there are no appointments, keep calling...usually someone cancels and they open up day of.

1 person likes this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, no appointments. Who cancels an appointment? People just don't show up, nobody calls in advance is like, bro, I'm not showing up. "Ma, I'm not comin' home for suppa"

#23 Ziggy, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  4. TL

TL Contributing Member

I dunno, but it happens. My sister got my niece's passport through a cancellation a couple years ago. A work colleague did the same a couple months ago. Good luck...

5. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

I tried this already this past week and no luck. They only see you if you have an appointment.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Alright. You can do two things.

Call and make an appointment with the travel department.
    Bring your original/certified birth certificate, and photo copy of your id from the front and back.

B) hire a third party courier to do the service for you. It varies by company.
    Some charge $75.00, some charge $300. Don't get ripped off.
    You'll need to go to a acceptance facility. Bring the other stuff I mentioned, the authorization from your courier and your travel plans. Pay the 25 bucks and pay the 170 by check or money order.

They'll hand you the form in a sealed envelope and you give it to the courier and they go to the federal building and do it for you.

1 person likes this.
  7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Oh, and I'm sure it's taken so damn long because you're a terrorist.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Give me the number of a courier. What's an acceptance facility? My birth certificate is at the passport place along with my dick.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

In costa rica the beejers are like $20. Just send me there man.

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I think if you are from Texas all you need is a local drivers license for foreign travel.

Just show up at the Mickey Leland International airport and say **** Ya'll I'm from Texas.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Did that in Chicago once. I'll try it Monday and see what happens. Wish me luck. Or hook me up with a courier. Godspeed.

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

damn international document pee pee games

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Heading to the Houston office tomorrow morning with no appointment. I'll keep an eye here in case a better alternative comes up here. Technically I've been told 3 times not to walk into the Houston office by passport reps at the 800 number. But there's not much else I can do at this point.

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I applied for a new Passport in April....expedited service. It took 10 days to get it back. I was shocked it was so fast.

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I also paid for overnight shipping.

17. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

My wife and I received our passports via the Houston passport office in early March. We called the 800 automated number to capture the appointment timeframe. Prior to getting there, we had the online application completed, long version birth certificates and drivers licensee ready to go. The lines were long - about 2hrs, but we received the passports two days later. Make sure to take your itinerary as proof of travel.

Not sure if this detail has already been posted - hope it helps.
    Good luck -

DW

1 person likes this.
  18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

There aren't any appointments available until the 28th. Did you see anyone try to get through without an appointment? They open at 8, right? And by 2 days - if I went Monday, I'd have it Wednesday?

19. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

If I remember correctly, there were some folks arriving without appointments. As mentioned, make sure you take your itinerary as proof of need. Kill them with kindness and I hope all works out for you in the morning.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'll head in. Just sucks I have no birth certificate on me since it's bundled with my passport app. I'll bring the closest supporting documents I can find. The government sucks.