1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Passenger shot and killed by Air Marshall in Miami

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NJRocket, Dec 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

you further pursuing this is idioic. I made a mistake, move on.

2. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

natural selection

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

You can't risk it when a man is claiming he has a bomb and he reaches for his pocket.

4. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

It's unfortunate some dummy had to lose his life over this. But it's good to know that the air marshalls are doing their job.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Without knowing more, it's hard to criticize the air marshalls at this point.

Of course, I wonder how many suicide bombers announce that they have a bomb before they detonate them? That's kind of a serious question.

6. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

So we shouldnt give people ANY special circumstances?? What if a 12 year old kid thought to do the same thing? Shoot him/her too?? I bet the Marshall wouldn’t have drawn his gun as fast on a kid or a mentally r****ded person.. Why on a guy that is bipolar?? I love how there is NO mention of no bomb being found.. I understand that 9/11 gave people an itchy trigger finger, but think a little before you take the option of ending someone’s life.. :(

7. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

you cant be serious

how is the marshall supposed to tell someone is bipolar?

its alittle easier to tell if someone is mentally retarted or 12

if the marshall did nothing and the plane blew up, you would also probably be the first one yelling "see, air marshalls dont help" :rolleyes:

8. bigtexxx

Seriously. I can't believe some of these people want to give the benefit of the doubt to some idiot yelling "bomb" and reaching into his pocket as opposed to the brave air marshals serving our country. Pathetic.

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

They should've just shot him in the kneecaps.

10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Something tells me this thread is heading to RM95's favorite place - D&D :p ;)

11. boomer83

boomer83 Contributing Member

it never stated he yelled bomb or implied that he had a bomb
    the media likes to twist things to put fear into us, how else do they make their ratings go up
    cant say anything unless you know what actually happened

12. NJRocket

my guess is that if they fear for the lives of the others, they are trained to shoot to kill...period.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Okay, I'm not saying shooting the guy was unjustified, I would just ask, if someone was yelling bomb in the middle of wal-mart would the police be justified in shooting. does being on an airplane make a difference?

14. bigtexxx

The CNN story said that the man said he had a bomb and reached for his baggage, at which point he was shot. That's what we have to go on.

15. NJRocket

another one who didnt read the story...

Federal air marshals shot and killed a 44-year-old American Airlines passenger who claimed to have a bomb in his bag and ran off of the plane, a Department of Homeland Security official confirmed to FOX News.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It said he indicated he had a bomb. That could mean many things, but I doubt they just made that part up.

From the Fox News article:

bigtexxx, Kucinich and RM95 all agreeing on something. Hold me, I'm scared.

:D

17. NJRocket

this wasnt a Wal Mart....it was a plane....but yes, they would be justified if the moron yelled it in the middle of a wal mart

18. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I cant believe some people call a dead innocent (NO MENTION OF FINDING A BOMB) an "idiot" or "moron".. GROW UP.. I don’t go into the D&D for this reason, not everyone can stick to the target argument they tend to point fingers at the poster and not the substance..

19. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

It was probably suicide by cop with delusions of granduer (making a scene) or wanting to punish the wife. It's always hard to stop someone determined to die.

It is a sad thing,for the wife, for the marshal, for the witnesses for all of us because it's a result of the times that we can't afford a lot of tolerence, But it's also a message of preparedness, unfortunate but useful.

20. boomer83

boomer83 Contributing Member

i read the whole story

and that could mean anything, like a stated before the media twists word to put fear in us

edit: why is this not in D&D?