1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Passan] Luhnow and Hinch suspended one year

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by mikol13, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Nope.

The Red Sox cheated in 2018, is their championship tainted?

The A's with McGwire and Canseco and others all were roided out of their mind, is their title tainted?

No... it will not be a big deal long term.

BigM, joshuaao, awc713 and 8 others like this.
  2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Im just waiting for the Harden out with a torn ACL to finish off the Houston Sports Trifecta.

htwnbandit likes this.
  3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yeah...Really hoping they shock everyone, go out and win it all to erase some of this stain.

4. naldodiaz

naldodiaz Member

it's all Bud Selig's fault, just cause he wanted his brewers to stay in the NL...

htwnbandit likes this.
  5. BobbyMan

BobbyMan Member

You’re missing the point. But keep the fanboy blinders on. No one is ever gonna take our franchise serious again. It’s embarrassing for our organization and completely ridiculous. We had by far the best team in 2017 and still had to cheat. Do you realize how sad that is?

This franchise is a complete joke. Way to ruin the greatest decede in Astros history.

6. Nook

Nook Member

The league has made it very clear that they do not like Luhnow and how he has conducted himself. That is problematic for a number of reasons. Losing the two draft picks hurts a lot. Time will tell what happens.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

wow @DreamShook

DreamShook likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

sew likes this.
  9. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

I take your opinion seriously, new poster who is definitely not a troll and has only posted in this thread.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

you keep speaking for others. i have no idea why. you don't speak for anyone but yourself. Like i said you can go be all emotional about this but at the end of the day theyre still the 17" champs. you whining about it changes nothing

if they're such a joke stop posting and following them then. it'll do everyone favor tbh. you and your brand new posts all of a sudden now :rolleyes:

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Dodgers had a better record than the Astros and most considered them to have the better team going into the WS.

naldodiaz likes this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I guess. But after how much that title meant to the city, it hurts that it has ended this way. Maybe that's just me. I don't know.

htwnbandit likes this.
  13. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

This team can manage itself

awc713 likes this.
  14. Aware

Aware Member

Marwin still hit that homerun and were still the champs, baby!

15. texans1095

texans1095 Member

Cora is going to be suspended later. The report said that they're still investigating him. His suspension might be 2+ seasons given there's very good proof he orchestrated the system in both HOU and BOS.

16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Bullshit if they don't get the Red Sox. Complete garbage

mick fry and mikol13 like this.
  17. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

I hope they appeal. Especially in Hinch's case, he wasn't even complicit. The Yankees and Red Sox being fined set the standard for the investigation and punishment dealt in 2017 for electronic sign stealing, so this punishment is far from fair assuming this practice did not occur in 2018 and 2019 seasons. Unless the Astros did something way more egregious than them, it appears the only thing the Astros did wrong was not being caught sooner.

18. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Hinch isn't going to appeal. He might not have liked the scheme and tried in some ways to stop it but he is the manager. He should have laid the law down if he disapproved.

texans1095 likes this.
  19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The loss of the picks is the real killer. That is going to affect the franchise for many years after the fact. I see another total tear down several years from now.

Frank Drebin likes this.
  20. HTM

HTM Member

I don't mind the punishment. We shouldn't have done those things and we should pay the price. That's how it is.

I hope every other team that has cheated gets hammered too. I don't think for a second this wasn't pervasive throughout baseball and fans of any other fanbase who say with confidence there franchise hasn't cheated is full of it.