1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[participation award] Heat to hang Wade Olympic banner in rafters

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Apollo Creed, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

They're doing this to keep Wade, but all this does to me is make the idea of getting his jersey retired in Miami even more worthless. The Heat are the biggest joke (By FAR) in professional sports when it comes to hanging jerseys.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-wade0825b,0,2326216.story

So you have:

1. Jordan (didn't even play for the damn team)
    2. Dan Marino (WTF, not even the same sport)
    3. and now essentially D-Wade's Olympic stint

2. wingz0

wingz0 Member

Lol what a joke. It's not like he's the MVP of that team anyway. They all performed well.

So I guess Cavs need to hang a LeBron Olympic banner too? One for Kobe at the Staples?

Their marketing guy needs to be shot for coming up with this douche.

3. redao

redao Member

How about Grizzlies hang two Gasol banners?

4. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

How in the world did Jordan get his jersey retired in Miami???? :confused:

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i think his second time around retiring that every team was doing something to try to show their appreciation or something. i think for a while there was a league wide rumor of making 23 retired all across the nba much like how 99 is in Hockey for gretzky (i think it is, pretty sure) but miami did that to honor Jordan. which to me is really stupid. its one thing if the league said we'll retire 23 league wide but it wasnt ever going to do that since they can make so much money on future stars wearing 23 (see lebron, i think derrick rose wore 23 in college).

i mean he didnt play with miami, had nothing to do with the heat organization except knocking them out of the playoffs.

they'll retire shaq's i am sure Wades too (wade would deserve it if he continues his high level of play)

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No, the Rockets should raise Scola's retroactively. And of course, Yao's for being the host of the Olympics. Oh, and all those colleges should have done that for their student athletes who won golds... Oh my...

7. Precision340

Precision340 Member

lol.. yeah and the Rox will need to hang both Yao and Luis' banners also.. :D

8. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

They should hang Dirk's jersey.

9. superden

superden Contributing Member

LOL. I'll second that.

10. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Zo...

11. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

Participation award? :rolleyes:

However, Wade was a stud in the olympics, without kobe and Wade, I don't see the US pulling it off. Wade has shown why he is one of the best players in the NBA, but this kind of award is "cheesy".