1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Part of me want WB to get the MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wizkid83, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I hope Harden wins it but I also hope that he's not focused on it too much. Warriors and Spurs have lost their Longhorns and now might be the time for the Rockets to sneak in and steal the whole thing.

2. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Aldridge has actually been cleared to play.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  3. Asian Sensation

4. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

OK Harden is no Hakeem but...

He's not far behind. At this point in the season Hakeem wasn't Hakeem either. Harden hasn't exactly burned it up in the playoffs but there's still time.

I vote Harden for MVP on the premise that he doesn't want to be the Admiral to Westbrooks Hakeem.

5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I tend to agree with OP.

Rings come first, and Harden is always better as underdog. I care a little bit about the players mvp out of personal curiosity. I do not care AT ALL about the regular season mvp TROPHY as long as I know he has actually played like the MVP. At the end of the day, the difference between Harden and Westbrook is little to nothing, the regular season mvp trophy will not change what they produced on the court. People whine all the time about how these things are biased and stupidly voted on, but when it comes to getting it they appear to value it a lot. The only thing that will separate Harden and Westbrook is if one of them leads their team to defeat the other convincingly in the playoffs.

Of course, my number one hope is that Harden wins it (I'm sure he cares about it) and we win the trophy. But if sacrificing the mvp trophy brings us 0.01% closer to winning a championship, I'm all for it. I don't consider it a credible assessment of who is actually the most valuable player to their team. There is no doubt it's Harden, and a bunch of media personalities will not change my mind about it. This is a player that guarantees 41 wins in the southwest division no matter who else is on the roster. It's ridiculous that he didn't get it 2 years ago, and it's ridiculous that he's not a lock for it right now given our record.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

last time they gave Harden's trophy to someone else, he just buckled under the pressure. If they give MVP to Westbrook and we face OKC in rd1, I wouldn't be surprised if they upset us.

8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Timeout for unbecoming a Rockets fan.

DonKnock likes this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Cleverly disguised Amputation thread

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Seriously - when he finally got a chance at Curry in the 2016 WCF, he only averaged 33-10-9 in the first 2 games.

A mere double double single.

Can u say CHOKE?

11. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Oh wow, someone is scared of OKC and Russ like that loser in LA doc rivers.