1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons would have given the Rockets about 10 extra points today....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Mar 1, 2015.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Ariza played very well today, but his inability to knock down open shots has cost us a few games.

2. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Agreed. Another knee jerk thread, albeit a positive one.

You can't tell me that Ariza shooting 36% and 33% in the months of November and December didn't at least contribute to a few of our losses.

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Ariza's following 2 months have been much better

Ariza has played a GOOD MONTH of ball. 43.8% FG 40% threes in February.

He was so bad in 2014 that it overshadows his productive 2015

4. jdjd

jdjd Member

This was mentioned once but I think it needs to be revisited. The conversation Ariza had with Mozgof after the hard foul on Harden was worth his contract alone. I don't recall hearing Mozgof's name called once after Ariza put him in his place. Parsons would NEVER have done that. This team has a toughness about them that none of them will back down to anyone.

5. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Pretty hypothetical numbers though. When was the last time Parsons let a player go off for 55 points? It doesn't happen very often and still unlikely for this game.

Ariza did play some killer defense though. I don't think we win this game with Parsons

6. hmittal

hmittal Member

No way Parsons would have guarded Lebron successfully on that last play in regulation. Defense wins championships!

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

It's not a coincidence we're undefeated in OT. This team (especially with an active Beverley for once) is SICK defensively. You have multiple bodies that can harass any wing scorer and we don't even have Dwight back...

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

To be fair though to Parsons, he's had some of his best games against LeBron. He'd probably score more like 15-20 points more than Ariza yesterday.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I hate comparisons like this, there is no way to prove which way would have been better, maybe with Parsons the team wins by 20 - doesn't matter, we won, and that is all that counts.

DD

10. dragician

dragician Member

I knew the rockets would tell him not to shoot 3s as he'll be tired defending LeBron.

11. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

And just how many extra points would he have GIVEN UP to LBJ?????

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

if we would have lost would this have been a pro Parsons thread? #mindblown

13. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

Lebron locked up Harden on that one possession, but Harden straight up left him on the perimeter with some of those crossovers. I think harden is to be credited for our 5-0 record in OT this year because he forces defenses to react when he penetrates.

14. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Imagine if Bosh had signed with the Rockets (like most people expected him to after LeBron went back home to Cleveland) and the Rockets had then matched the Mavs' offer to Parsons. Bosh is out for the year and Parsons isn't living up to his contract. Funny how things work out. No one would have expected Bosh to be sidelined for the rest of the year though.

15. Exiled

Exiled Member

If Parson was with us he would tweet "I am the best SF in this match up after LBJ "

16. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Ariza, Smith, Brewer > Role Player.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

THIS!!! Parsons can take a flying leap without a parachute out of Cuban's anal cavity from 10,000 feet for all I care. And he can take his fans with him.

Rockets bandwagon is rolling and all the haters better move out of the way or get steamrolled.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Haha - Chandler Parsons.

19. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

Maybe Jeremy Lin would have scored 35 points if we hadn't traded him and he had started in place on Patrick Beverley LOL!

Come on DD, Ariza is clearly a better all around player than Parsons, especially as a role player on the Houston Rockets.

Defense. More consistent 3 point shooting. Deference to the team's star players. Honestly, I wouldn't give up Corey Brewer to get Parsons back if given the opportunity if money didn't matter.

20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

parsons would've thrown in 10 extra points...

...and lebrand would've hit the game winner right over his head.