1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Parsons: Team plays more balanced without Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ind0fo0, Jan 29, 2014.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

2. SeabrookMiglla

harden is an upper level all star but not a superstar.

3. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

I couldn't agree more. Some of us have been saying this all season long. If he does that, I guarantee you that the "fit" problem with Lin will magically disappear :grin: JH needs to trust him teammates more. Simply as that.

4. nemecide

nemecide Member

Having a superstar, does not mean that superstar will make this team a contender... If we really want to become a championship team, then we really need to play team ball and defense.

I don't care who you are on the team, if you don't trust your team, and don't put effort on the defensive end you're not going to help the team win championships.

Remember that Jazz game when steve kerr told MJ he'll hit that three point shot?
    Remind me who had the game winning shot and who assisted..

5. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

He is only 1 year younger than Lin and Parsons.

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Wait till they can't get a shot to save their lives. And we still can't defend.

Why aren't we running our sets when Harden is in?

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Exactly. Look at all his skill and ability. He damn near carried this team to the playoffs last season.

He will get better.

8. sergio

sergio Member

This team is not a playoff team without Harden. Close thread.

9. munco

munco Member

It's the truth. I think Harden is a great player but he definitely seems to play to get his numbers more so than anyone else on our team. Parsons and Dwight I can see with having nights of scoring 15 or even 10 points but can't see Harden okay with that.

10. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Problem is Harden's shooting is down this season. I'm sure there will be less complaints if his percentage is good.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That's about trust. These players haven't gone through wars together yet. This is Harden's second year here. It takes time to build that kind of chemistry.

12. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

People have said we aren't a contender even with Harden, so who cares

13. munco

munco Member

Aren't we 5-2 without him and didn't we just beat the Mavs and Spurs without him? We made the playoffs last year with him but without Dwight and a much improved Terrence Jones. I'm not saying we're better without him but we're still a playoff team.

14. SeabrookMiglla

nobody is arguing that this team plays better without harden, we are arguing that harden can be a ****ing ball hog

15. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

Jordan and Pippen made the Bulls contenders every year because they were superstars and excellent one-on-one players. Jordan knew that all the defense would be directed to him so when he passed Kerr the ball, he needed to be ready to hit the shot.

16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

his percentage is up from last season

.444 up from .438, i have no doubt it would be higher if he didn't have his foot problems

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Plenty of people argue that here.

18. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Look, it's clear as day. If Harden played in the flow of the offense like we've seen in these last two games and played consistently 60-70 percent D we'd be an elite team. The window for any any team to win championships is narrow and Harden needs to grow the F up.

1 person likes this.
  19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he isn't a ballhog, he is our best player, best passer, one thing i do notice, is other players don't move without the ball to get open as much as they should.

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

if Harden wasn't here, there would be no Dwight