1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons: Team plays more balanced without Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ind0fo0, Jan 29, 2014.

1. rajon

rajon Member

The interview wasn't bad at all. It looked bad in text, though.

2. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Some people are just too sensitive. CP didn't use any negative tone at all. What's the big deal?

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I blame McHale. If Harden isn't moving the ball them that's on coaching. Harden doesn't respect him and he reverts to trying to carry the team. All great players have that problem early in their development, Lebron, Kobe, Durant. It takes a good coach to teach.

4. JasonXXX

JasonXXX Member

They've had players meetings before. This is Plan B. Hopefully, it works. I seriously doubt it though - not until the coach says NO. Coach McHale? He'll say, "Uhhh. Please don't fire me, James. Pretty please? You can do whatever you want."

5. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

Do we have a ink to today's post game interview?

6. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

eh, its just true. and not necessarily a dig on harden.
    harden scores pretty well when he holds it. except, of course, when he doesn't.

and at the end of the game, well, we could have used him tonight at the end of the game.

harden also moves the ball well too at times, when thats his goal.

my only complaint, and a constructive complaint i'd like to think , is that i'd like to see him mixing it up more. sometimes i think its too predictable, like he's just passing everything like he's not on the court, kinda disengaged. and other times he's holding everything. i realize he'll have to do that sometimes, but doesn't it seem like he could really throw the defense off by mixing it up a little more? maybe it would just confuse our team and lead to more miscues?

7. Clarinetmonster

Not the first time CP has called him out - earlier in the season he alluded to him saying some of us need to stop playing selfishly, on both ends of the court. Didn't name him but didn't have to.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I agree.

9. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

10. arjun

arjun Member

The sets wouldn't look so pretty against teams that have competent defensive wings.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LOL!!

12. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

There's nothing wrong with calling him out. Harden has no championships to back up what he does. Is he a great player? Yes. Would making a change allow the team to perform better? Also Yes.

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

teams have tons of tape on how the offense runs when Harden is in. They have less tape on the Rockets without Harden. I am confident that if we played longer stretch without Harden eventually our offense would struggle. Same thing happens to QBs who start out hot and then there tendencies become known and they struggle.

14. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Couldnt have said it better.

15. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Harden is the franchise player of the team and the team is being built around Harden. I wonder if Parsons gets the covert support of Dwight to speak out against Harden. The balance of power is hence tipped towards Dwight and Parsons this way.

16. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Is Parsons trying to show us that he's the leader of the team?

17. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

People are making a big deal out nothing and its quite funny. James Harden himself would tell you he holds on to the ball too much. Not because he wants to hold the ball, but because what else can he do? If he doesn't dominate the one on one then he wont demand a double team. If there is no double team swinging the ball around won't get you anywhere because everyone would be closely guarded.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Some people think Harden is some veteran player when in fact PARSONS IS OLDER than him!

Great players have to learn how to be great and no one here can say Harden isn't the most talented Rocket on this team even more so than Dwight. We need a better coach to help him reach that level just like Phil did with Kobe.

19. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

He did not speak out against Harden. Lock this thread up because its out of context.

20. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

There is no leader on this team. Everyone with a ring put yo hand up. Oh wait Nvm.