1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons: Team plays more balanced without Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ind0fo0, Jan 29, 2014.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

That's a dumb statement and you know it parsons Lin and bev have all been torched this season and both of us know harden was not guarding Ellis the whole game last time. Harden rarely guards the other teams best perimeter scorer so why would you even bring Ellis's 30 point game up.

The whole team needs to mature, if by harden needing to mature faster than the rest because he's the best player on the team? Then I agree with you.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Agreed on all points pimp. That's why I said at the beginning of the year it will take at least a year to build the right type of chemistry. That is why imo Morey shouldn't move none of our core players ( Howard, Harden, Lin, Parson, Beverley , Jones and maybe Dmo or Brooks).

3. amak316

amak316 Member

I honestly feel like a ton of people in this thread don't watch every game or at least don't watch them closely.

If I were coaching this team I would basically start with Harden getting point guard duties and play him next to someone that can mask his defensive problems (bev) or someone that is a good spot up shooter (brooks) and see if the refs are being receptive and calling the touch fouls that he is flopping for, if so let him continue to have a high usage. Bring Lin off the bench every time Harden has to take a breather.

If Harden is getting touch fouls but he looks absurdly tired and is such a liability on defense that his net offensive production doesn't make up for the drop off put Lin in and run the offense through him.

If the refs swallow their whistles play him next to Lin but allow Lin to run the offense, and make sure he is not dogging it on defense. Tell Harden to play more of a spot up shooter role.

Putting Lin in to play as an off the ball guard is damn near pointless just as continuing to play through JH is pointless if he is not getting to the line.

4. TheJet

TheJet Member

That was one of the biggest punk ass moves of all time. Another giant reason I can't stand Bryant. I can respect his all world talent, but not the man.

5. Remii

Remii Member

Rather they keep the core together or not I just know they better get it together. These kids are worried about the wrong thing. Dallas scored 115 d@mn points and they talking about ball movement and balanced scoring...Lol. That lets you know right there where their heads are at...

6. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Ahh this is far from a Lin battle ground... please read the previous 17 pages. There's a few sprinkles of the Lin love/hate but it could be worse.

It's more of does Harden ISO too much? And make the ball sticky? Or he is the best player and nobody has the right to call him out. Kinda reminds me of a Hof/Hoh thread.

IMO Parson is the team captain and taken out of context or not, he has the right to bring it up if conversations are not getting threw in the locker room.

Also I believe this all comes down to coaching. He doesn't have the offense running running as good as it should be at this point. Gave Harden a crutch and green light to play IOS's all the time instead of putting his.foot down

7. Remii

Remii Member

Exactly... That in telling on Shaq when he was getting hit up for rape.

But I'm not a Lakers fan so I was like --> Lol...

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No. This is not correct according to the stats, and for people who actually watch the whole game.

Someone made this point in another thread (maybe it was even you or maybe not. It doesn't really matter). Very rarely does Harden actually stop the ball. It does happen, but most of the time it happens when it should happen. The next game please watch each time Harden gets the ball and how long he holds it and what he does with it. Also realize that at the end of the every quarter Harden it is sound basketball for Harden to get the ball, hold it, and either create for himself or a teammate at the end of the shot clock. Also note that it is sound and smart basketball in the closing minutes of the fourth quarter with the Rockets nursing a lead for Harden to hold the ball, and create a shot every single Rockets possession with the shot clock nearing the end. Watch each time Harden holds the ball and what he does with it. It's almost never stopping movement. Sometimes he should ISO if he was a mismatch as well.

Looking at all of what Parsons said, the question he was asked, the way any team would adjust without it's leading scorer, and the fact that Harden was sitting right next to him, it actually wasn't a negative towards Harden in any way shape or form.

9. steady

steady Member

The reason I think the ball movement (and by the way, the high FG percentage, and the 7 players scoring in double figures) from the Mavs game seems significant, is that it felt like a return to Rockets' style of play --- their high octane offense of last year.

What's been most frustrating in the recent losses, for example, to OKC and Memphis, has been the sense that the team couldn't get going, and weren't playing their game. That they were playing nowhere near their potential.

Hopefully when Harden comes back -- whether Lin is involved or not -- the team can return to playing more often with a lot of ball movement and with more players getting involved.

10. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

he is still pretty miffed about the USA diss obviously.

Rule: When you have something to say to someone, say to them, not everybody else. It works wonders !

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Team has played equally poor defense as well.....

We need James to win a championship. Chandler won't always score like he did last night.

12. Hmm

Hmm Member

What changed then...?

Strange... Are McHale and Parsons just bad with numbers...? They both now have made similar remarks about the ball not moving on the subject of Harden... McHale will usually make the "ball got sticky" remark whenever he's questioned about a loss that involved a ball dominant, yet struggling Harden... And now, Parsons talks about a palpable improvement in ball movement when Darden isn't playing...

13. masc0635

masc0635 Member

wow, so many players serve for one superstar

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Defense wins championship 4 sho big dawg. And indeed a lot of these youngstas are off the chains. Lol but in my Kevin Hart's voice, they gonna learn today. Real talk some of them know their sh**.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Ever consider the impact of adding a dominant post player to the mix? We lean a lot on Dwight offensively (as we should)... sort of difficult to rack up assists at the same rate as last year when (1) we are frequently passing into the post, and (2) Dwight frequently dribbles several times to get himself in position to make his move.

16. theangrycanary

Maybe we should make Harden PG.

Keep Brooks as a spark off the bench PG.

Canaan as a third in case of injury.

Trade Bev, Lin, Garcia, Asik for starting SG, Backup SG, Backup Center.

17. quizone

quizone Member

Harden is also slow like a 30 years old with that big fat ass.

18. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Does Mchale have the guts to get in Harden's face?

19. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

But I do give Harden credit for not playing as selfish lately, but he is still lazy as *****.

20. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Yeah so all the times he beats his defender (many times per game) it's out of pity that they let him through right? Someone so slow and fat like him obviously couldn't have used any athleticism to achieve this...