1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons suitors could include T'wolves, Lakers, Bulls, Mavs, along with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Jun 29, 2014.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

probably, but if we got a third team involved and sent another young player to Minnesota (Eric Gordon), Sent them an assortment of young players (Jones, DMo, Canaan), sent every single pick and asset we can use for the next 4 seasons, an assorted lot of foreign players (Capela, Kostas, Sergio), and took on any bad contracts (Martin probably to NOP, Air Bud, Brewer aka mr 50 points) we could be right at the forefront of a viable trade offer.

If Morey can pull this off he needs to immediately back out of free agency and make this move. My guess is that the Wolves are waiting to see if the Bulls will still be a suitor because Butler, Mirotic and Gibson which would probably be a more attractive offer. I think Melo goes to Chicago and that option closes for Flip. The Warriors are playing hard ball and the Rockets will be the girl waiting for that last dance. Then out of nowhere Lil Flip comes out and sings to Saunders and he is swept away by his talent and sends us the gift of Love.

2. Remii

Remii Member

Parsons would have to "WANT" to sign with Minnesota before any of that could happen. Don't see why he would pick them over teams like the Lakers and Bulls if the money is the same. I wouldn't get my hopes up for that. The Rockets can't force him to do a sign and trade.

3. Play07

Play07 Member

Maybe it's an agreement, we know you wanna get paid now bit we need your cooperation...

1. we will let you out your $1.0mill contract to TRY to resign you after we get a 3rd star "melo etc"

2. If we can't find our 3rd star & keep you, we need you to agree to a sign & trade if it's above $10mill.

3. Or stay and be able to pick your team of choice 2015 and wait to get paid and risk hurting you value.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Question - Is it possible to have more than one offer?
    Or does Parson have to agree/settle for one offer and that is the one presented to the Rockets

Rocket River

5. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Since he's restricted I don't think so (but I'm not sure).

6. basketballholic

Seriously?

You guys are still talking about trading Parsons?

We

are

not

trading

Parsons.

1 person likes this.
  7. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Morey is not exactly the sentimental type. If he thinks trading Parsons will improve the team he'll do it.

8. Remii

Remii Member

All that is possible but I'm speaking of a sign in trade for Kevin Love specifically. Even if Minnesota wants Parsons and is willing to trade us Love _ None of that can happen unless Parsons wants to go to Minnesota.

9. jacoby

jacoby Member

Are you an insider? Not hating, just asking. You seem absolutely sure.

10. Remii

Remii Member

It's possible Parsons can get several offers and he can pick the one he wants. Than the Rockets have the opportunity to match the contract and keep him or try to work out a sign and trade with the team he signed with if that team is willing to do a sign and trade.

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If we trade Parsons he won't hear the end of it, that's for sure.

Why are you so sure we won't trade him? Why are you so sure that we can get Love without trading him? Tell us what you know or at least stop repeating the mantra without any basis for why you keep saying it.

12. bmd

bmd Member

Why would the Rockets have to trade Parsons? I thought Love don't cost a thing.

1 person likes this.
  13. tefunk

tefunk Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Phoenix Suns are expected to make Gordon Hayward a significant offer, possibly a max deal, but Utah Jazz will match, per sources.</p>&mdash; Jody Genessy (@DJJazzyJody) <a href="https://twitter.com/DJJazzyJody/statuses/483352524070461440">June 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

He can only sign one offer sheet. And that is the sheet that will officially be forwarded to the Rockets to match or decline within 3 days.

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Let Hayward sign a max deal so he can become quite possibly the single most overpaid player in the NBA. He will also become the most un-tradable player in the league.

16. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

This is scary. I knew this could happen. Some team will offer Parsons near max... 5 yr 60-65 million...

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So what?

18. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Hopefully they tie up their cap on Gordon before they can make an offer to Parsons.

19. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I don't want Love.. mainly because I believe Melo would be great on team, but if we miss on him... I would want to get Love..

Deal Parsons (S&T), Lin, DMO, 1 or 2 first rounders next year (including Asik pick) for Love, Barea, Brewer, fillers.

Could let Barea go next year, brewer on cheap for 2 years, love for one year...

Could be worst case scenario... again.. I don't believe the wolves have enough pieces that we want.

A third team is needed.

20. da_juice

da_juice Member

I have a hard time believing some idiot team wont give Parsons the max. Although Id love to keep him- I think a $12M yearly salary is generous enough. I wouldnt pay any higher.