1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons suitors could include T'wolves, Lakers, Bulls, Mavs, along with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Buuuuuuuut, it's better than missing out on something because we didn't scroll thru countless pages.. right? :cool:

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't know, Love is better than Parsons and he keeps the Wolves mediocre. I'd like to think a Twolves team built around Parsons is a lot worse.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Wolves threw a big offer at Batum last season when he was a restricted free agent which the Blazers matched.

4. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

I'm not sure what it would take for Parsons to agree to a sign & trade to Minnesota. A max deal? Maybe not even that, honestly.

If the Rockets clear that hurdle, though, it wouldn't take much to get Love based on the GSW rumors and as long as Minnesota's interest in Parsons is real. Golden State is reportedly hassling over Barnes, who is terrible, and a 2015 pick. Morey wouldn't have much issue parting with Terrence Jones and the Rockets 2015 pick or even the NOP pick.

Parsons (S&T) for Love
    Lin, Jones, NOP pick for Kevin Martin and JJ Barea

The Rockets would then have the MLE, the BAE, all their picks, the Asik TPE and non-guaranteed contracts to build around a core of Dwight, Love, Harden and Beverley.

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Im 98% sure he will be a Rocket next year, but of all places he better not go to Dallas.

6. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

According to Jon Krawczynski of the AP the asking price is even lower than that. Just Klay, Lee and either Barnes/2015 1st, while the T-Wolves apparently wouldn't insist on taking Martin back, if Barnes or the '15 1st were added to the deal.

Rockets might be able to get just Love for Parsons, Lin, Jones + NOP pick or Capela.

7. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

I have a feeling GSW is going to get Love. Lebron stays in Miami and Melo goes to Chicago.

8. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Curry/Iggy/Love vs. Harden/Howard/Love/Parsons

The more Houston or GSW trade away the smaller the chance Love stays.

Wolves could take Jones and everything else we offer. Then Golden State will have trouble having the money to keep Thompson in free agency the year after. They would still have Bogut, Lee, Curry and Iggy under pretty big contracts.

Also the Wolves will suck this year and get a high draft pick of there own with all the picks we can offer.

9. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Im all for it....have Love for the max than chandler for 50-60mil. Listen, after being under paid for the last four years, I'm sure Parsons wants his pay day AND a forum to be showcased. He would get that in minnesota....he'll he averaged 17ppg here with howard and harden, I'm sure he will get that up to 21+ ppg all the while getting the money he wanted. I would be fine with a trade

10. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

I forgot that Parsons would be a BYC player so the trade would necessarily be more complicated. Something like:

Lin, Jones, Casspi, NOP pick for Love

then

Parsons (S&T @ $12 million) to Minnesota, Kevin Martin to Houston, and Shved or Barea along with second round picks to Philly.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I find it hilarious that the teams mentioned are all the teams involved in the exit or interest of all the players the Rockets are looking to acquire.

This is a big game.

Case in point- If the Rockets land Melo, the Bulls are threatening to make the Rockets pay for Parsons & potentially lose him. Same with the Lakers. If the T-Wolves are going to entertain a trade with the Rockets for Love, Parsons is going to be involved. etc. etc.

The NBA is a funny business.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

exactly rumors galore.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

What's the highest offer sheet another team can give CP?

14. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I got 57 threads but a problem aint one

15. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I would say one that's on mount everest most likely

16. Raven

Raven Member

You are probably right, but this does not reflect poorly on the Rockets. SF, Chicago, and Miami are all terrific cities to live in, doubly so if you are young and rich.

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

25% of the cap

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

That team would be so terrible on defense. But would score 150 points every game

19. JazzLakerHater

Lol if Dallas signs him. It might get ugly here.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Not every team can afford to tank. Tanking is expensive, very few fans will come to games and you will have to pay the entire roster almost out of pocket. More importantly you will never be able to sign somebody good on the FA market unless you severely overpay. The Wolves have been itching to make the playoffs for years now and they are on the clock as Rubio is about to become a FA.

I think one reason they will do this deal is if they can clear Love from their books they can sign go after Pau to play with Rubio. Pau, their C (forgot his name), Parsons, Shved and Rubio's enough to compete for a playoff spot in the West.