1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons Officially out for the Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LandryMegaBeast, Apr 22, 2015.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

Both Cuban & Parson were desperate to get one over the Rockets because of the last free agency?

This kind of reminds me of this story Nellie told about Dirk early in his career. Dirk was injured but Cuban wanted him to play through it (playoffs maybe?) but Nellie refused giving the reason he'd promised Dirk's parents to look after him. Cuban countered that Nellie was afraid to win.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Sounds like Cuban is enabling stuff like this. You'd think he know better now, after having hip replacement and going through that.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I dont feel the least bit sorry for him. I just wanted to see him lose to us on the court.

5. plee

plee Member

No, usually they want the swelling to come down before going in, also for MRI's A few days is not going to matter if you go under the knife anyway. Wondering if they already know what the issue is and was "hoping" rest would have worked.

6. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Respect!

7. feihung316

feihung316 Member

wish he is playing, i rather aminu play less minutes

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Now Anderson get a rebound.

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

That's the problem...with Parsons and Rondo being out, it just gives more minutes to Aminu and Barea. That helps them, fml.

1 person likes this.
  10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Agree. To hell with him.

On a positive note, now he can concentrate on modeling. :cool:

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Let's be honest...

If more minutes for Aminu and Barea is something the Rockets should fear, then we're screwed anyway.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I get that Midget JJ Barea is semi competitive, last time knocked out by Andrew Bynum

But has Aminu done in this league? Some defensive jobs?

13. rezdawg

Well, problem is that those ****ers seem to play very well against us. Barea's 15 foot high layup off the glass is unstoppable against us for some reason.

14. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Who is Parsuns?

Don't know him.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

What is "well"? Barea went like 5/16 last game. Aminu has a few blocks and rebounds, and the occasional 3.

They do some things and can frustrate at times, but overall, they are not moving the needle for the Mavs.

16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

yea i pointed that out and don't understand why people are scared of barea, he made a couple of layups over our big guys, but big deal. I'll let him shoot 5/16 again anyday

17. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Players like that tend to thrive in front of the home crowd. I expect an outburst from someone tonight.

18. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Perfect. JET about to take off.

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It does not help them. Parsons being out really hurts the Mavs. Notice how the Rockets were able to key in on Ellis and Dirk in Game 2? Neither shot well from the field and the Mavs as a team scored only 99 after dropping 108 in Game 1. That's because with Parsons missing, those two guys are the only other reliable scorers on that roster. I will concede that Dwight being able to play 33 instead of 17 minutes was also a factor in the improved defense.

And Rondo being out is a net negative. Yes, you could argue the Mavs are marginally better offensively with Barea running the show. But it hurts their depth. Now instead of him coming off the bench as a spark plug, their backup PG is Raymond Felton. And defensively, it's a disaster. Who's gonna check Harden now? Barea? Ellis? Jefferson? True, Harden did go 5-17 in Game 2, but if you go back and watch, you'll see he actually got plenty of good looks. He just didn't knock them down. That won't happen all series.

20. rezdawg

Im not worried about them...but Rondo sucks, so Dallas is better off with Barea.

And Parsons ends up being a negative for them because he tries to do too much against the Rockets...so him being out doesnt actually hurt them.